What's new

ONKYO TX SR600: Can't Get Off "PCM" Mode - HELP! (1 Viewer)

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
Seems like no matter what I do with the remote during setup, I can't get it off this setting. The readout says: Speaker A, PL II Movie, with PCM and ProLogic II in small lettering. It will NOT auto-detect the DTS setting. How do I get it back? I normally have it on the PL II Movie setting, but the small "PCM" and "ProLogic II" will not switch when a Blu-ray is loaded in the player.

Yes, I know I need to upgrade to "post Blu-ray", but I'm in the crowd with "Upgrade Blues" and no discretionary income at the moment. Thank goodness that I love this receiver (for now) .. but I'm goin' nuts!

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Are you sure you have your player set to bit-stream and not PCM and have selected the Dolby digital or DTS track on the disc?

jja4151

Grip
Real Name
Juan
We need to know what other components you have. It could be that the player that you have need to be setup to bit-stream, or you may need to set the Onkyo to default setting. Please provide info. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.