Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

ONKYO TX SR600: Can't Get Off "PCM" Mode - HELP!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   WilliamG

WilliamG

Supporting Actor

• 512 posts

Posted April 12 2010 - 11:00 AM

Seems like no matter what I do with the remote during setup, I can't get it off this setting. The readout says: Speaker A, PL II Movie, with PCM and ProLogic II in small lettering. It will NOT auto-detect the DTS setting. How do I get it back? I normally have it on the PL II Movie setting, but the small "PCM" and "ProLogic II" will not switch when a Blu-ray is loaded in the player.

Yes, I know I need to upgrade to "post Blu-ray", but I'm in the crowd with "Upgrade Blues" and no discretionary income at the moment. Thank goodness that I love this receiver (for now) .. but I'm goin' nuts!

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Mark-P

Mark-P

Screenwriter

• 2,470 posts
  • LocationCamas, WA

Posted April 12 2010 - 12:46 PM

Are you sure you have your player set to bit-stream and not PCM and have selected the Dolby digital or DTS track on the disc?

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   jja4151

jja4151

Extra

• 16 posts

Posted April 14 2010 - 07:55 AM

We need to know what other components you have. It could be that the player that you have need to be setup to bit-stream, or you may need to set the Onkyo to default setting. Please provide info. Thank you.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,174 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted April 14 2010 - 08:06 AM

Yes, the first thing I would check would be the setting on the player.  And how it's connected.

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3