Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

JBL Surround speaker ideas

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   James C. Jr.

James C. Jr.

Extra

• 17 posts

Posted March 23 2010 - 07:10 AM

Hi Guys,

I recently moved into a new place and am having difficulty finding a place to mount my surround speakers.  I have a JBL Studio setup with an S-center and S-towers for mains; I have been using a pair of JBL Northridge (N24's) as surrounds.  However, I'm finding it difficult to attractivley mount them in my new space. 

Are there any smaller, or in wall/cieling JBL surrounds that would be voice-matched to the S series stuff I already have that I could use?  Thanks.

Jim

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   John Garcia

John Garcia

Executive Producer

• 11,548 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted March 23 2010 - 09:22 AM

I would look for some used S-series to match the others.  The N24s already weren't technically "matched" to the S-series, though they get the job done.  You could use them in 7.1 config if you find some S36s.  The only other option would be to move the current speakers to the rear and updgrade the front stage maybe to the L-series.  If you want to go in-wall/ceiling, you are going to have to listen to various speakers and find one that sounds close enough.
HT: Emotiva UMC-200, Emotiva XPA-3, Carnegie Acoustics CSB-1s + CSC-1, GR Research A/V-1s, Epik Empire, Oppo BDP-105, PS4, PS3,URC R-50, APC-H10, Panamax 5100 Bluejeans Cable
System Two: Marantz PM7200, Pioneer FS52s, Panasonic BD79
(stolen) : Marantz SR-8300, GR Research A/V-2s, Sony SCD-222ES SACD, Panasonic BD-65, PS3 60G (250G)

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein