What's new

Need help deciding between Klipsch RP600 and Martin Logan 35XT (1 Viewer)

bagheera74

Auditioning
Real Name
Bryan Dempsen
Hello All,

I was able to audition the ML 35XT at a magnolia this weekend. I was comparing it to the amazing KEF R3 which is way out of my budget. I actually found that I preferred the Martin Logans because I like the airy trebel sound over the warm filled out mid range that the R3 is able to produce as a 3 way speaker.

My problem is that I have watched the many stellar reviews of the Klipsch RP600 on youtube and it sounds like it checks all my boxes of what I want in my upgrade but I am unable to find a store that has these on display let alone an A/B test to pit them against the ML.

I currently have a JBL northridge N26 II which has a very small horn type surround on a metal dome tweeter. These speakers are nice but I was wanting something new. I like the claims behind the ribbon tweeter in that it is faster and able to produce more detail. I like the idea of trying out a new type of tweeter after being with the metal dome for the last 15 years.

I should also say that I live in an apartment and I do have a sub but I usually have to listen to my system at low levels so I do not disturb the people below me.

Has anyone been able to test these two side by side. What do you think i should go with?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks