What's new

Can these Klipsch 5800 in-wall speakers be better than similarly priced RP5000F towers? (1 Viewer)

Rimas G

Auditioning
I need speakers for a soon to be finished basement 5.1.2 area. See attached picture of the area. I am trying to decide between tower speakers and in-wall speakers. I've read countless posts and articles on this ("in-wall will never sound as good as tower" vs. "SOME in-wall can beat out SOME tower" etc.), but still am not sure of how to proceed. The area will likely be 75% movie watching, 25% music listening. I'll have a SVS SB1000 subwoofer. Receiver will likely be Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A1080

I have already (due to a sale) purchased Klipsch RP5000F for left and right and 600C speaker for center. My wife would prefer in-wall but says I should get what sounds the best to me, thus my purchase of the RP5000s.

The PROS of the in-wall: I'd be able to be spread them out further from the center channel, and wouldn't impede into the room and have my 3 crazy tween/teen boys or my guests running into them somehow. I also just found them on sale, marked down 33% from other retail sites.

The PROS of the the towers: Would likely sound better, but would they in this case? In chatting with a well known A/V company, one consultant suggested the in-wall Klipsch R-5800-W II for LRC would be comparable, if not better than the RP5000. Is that likely?

What are thoughts on these 2 options? What would you get? I don't have the ability to hear them side by side in any store unfortunately.

Thanks in advance!

SPECS:

Klipsch 5800 in-wall:
pivoting Tractrix® horn with 1" titanium tweeter
8" Cerametallic™ woofer
power handling: up to 50 watts RMS (200 watts peak)
frequency response 40-23,000 Hz (±3dB)
sensitivity 94 dB
8-ohm impedance
treble and mid-bass attenuation switches

Klipsch RP5000F:
1" LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) titanium diaphragm tweeter with Tractrix® horn
dual 5-1/4" Cerametallic™ cone woofers with rigid and lightweight voice coils
frequency response: 35-25,000 Hz (±3dB)
sensitivity: 96 dB
power handling: up to 125 watts RMS (500 watts peak)
impedance: 8 ohms compatible
bass-reflex design with rear-firing Tractrix port

Basement AV area with notes.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks