Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

"Mary Tyler Moore Show" Season 6 announced for Feb. 2010 release!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
44 replies to this topic

#1 of 45 OFFLINE   EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,501 posts

Posted November 11 2009 - 10:56 AM

http://www.tvshowson...-Season-6/12952

Fox Home Entertainment just turned MY world on with a smile!

Can't remember which of the last seasons it was in, but the "cameo" by Johnny Carson is one of my all-time favorites!

#2 of 45 OFFLINE   JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,471 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted November 11 2009 - 11:46 AM

Great news!  Chuckles will bite the dust before Valentine's Day!!

#3 of 45 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,320 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted November 11 2009 - 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricSchulz View Post

Can't remember which of the last seasons it was in, but the "cameo" by Johnny Carson is one of my all-time favorites!
The Johnny Carson cameo was the final season episode "Mary's Big Party", which might just get seen on DVD yet. I guess it's not a long way to Tipperary after all. Thanks, Oprah!

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I am going to boycott The Walt Disney Company until then.

#4 of 45 OFFLINE   cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter

• 1,766 posts

Posted November 11 2009 - 12:27 PM

Fantastic news!!!

#5 of 45 OFFLINE   Dan-P

Dan-P

Stunt Coordinator

• 69 posts

Posted November 11 2009 - 02:29 PM

If anyone with input into the Season 7 set (that hopefully is being worked on now) is reading, it would be very nice if the original closing credits to the final episode were used, rather than the closing credits used in syndication.  When the final episode was first aired, Mary came out and introduced the cast one by one, as they walked out on stage for the last time to audience applause, as the final credits rolled over it.  I have a recording of this from long ago, but it's poor quality - and I saw it on Youtube awhile back also.  Hopefully there's a decent copy of it available somewhere and I hope it make it into the DVD set.

#6 of 45 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,320 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted November 11 2009 - 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-P View Post

If anyone with input into the Season 7 set (that hopefully is being worked on now) is reading, it would be very nice if the original closing credits to the final episode were used, rather than the closing credits used in syndication.  When the final episode was first aired, Mary came out and introduced the cast one by one, as they walked out on stage for the last time to audience applause, as the final credits rolled over it.  I have a recording of this from long ago, but it's poor quality - and I saw it on Youtube awhile back also.  Hopefully there's a decent copy of it available somewhere and I hope it make it into the DVD set.
I'd love to see that too.

But I also have a copy of the very last network broadcast, which was this episode, and the standard credits were used. Not a good case for it still existing.

I just want seasons 6 and 7. Period. Enough is enough.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I am going to boycott The Walt Disney Company until then.

#7 of 45 OFFLINE   Joe Lugoff

Joe Lugoff

Screenwriter

• 2,029 posts

Posted November 11 2009 - 03:21 PM

"Opening an Old Can of Worms" Alert!

But ...

A lot of us here and all over the Internet strongly criticized Fox for their original plan to release Seasons 5, 6 and 7 only as part of a complete set.  When they announced they canceled the complete set, the complainers were criticized for fear that Fox wouldn't release 5, 6 and 7 as single sets.

It's a relief to see this announcement for Season 6 -- and it does show that it pays to complain on the Internet, when the complaining is justified, as it certainly was!

#8 of 45 OFFLINE   The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man

Screenwriter

• 1,255 posts
  • LocationTruth or Consequences, New Mexico

Posted November 11 2009 - 03:51 PM

I still say that if the complete series plan had been chosen, the price probably wouldn't have been much more than three individual seasons, and we would have had the whole series by now.

But, that time is past, and after February, we'll only be one season shy of the whole series, so it all worked out... this time.

If the Oprah magic worked, I would expect S7 to be out in mid-2010, with the delayed full series probably out for, what, Christmas 2010?

#9 of 45 OFFLINE   EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,501 posts

Posted November 11 2009 - 06:05 PM

It's available for email notification on Amazon, but no pricing info yet.

#10 of 45 OFFLINE   David Rain

David Rain

Screenwriter

• 1,097 posts

Posted November 11 2009 - 08:02 PM

I was unaware that the finale had those unique closing credits. It would be great if those were included but I'm guessing they won't go to the trouble or they will be unable to find the original version. Although a lesser-quality version of them could be included, perhaps as a bonus.

One reason I have stopped collecting the individual seasons is because I am now worried that if we do indeed get a complete series we will see more bonus features that aren't being included in the season sets. It wouldn't be the first time something like that happened with a series.

Still Turning the Beat Around at Our Cool New Pad

Retro Remixes

#11 of 45 OFFLINE   Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,154 posts

Posted November 12 2009 - 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Rain 

One reason I have stopped collecting the individual seasons is because I am now worried that if we do indeed get a complete series we will see more bonus features that aren't being included in the season sets. It wouldn't be the first time something like that happened with a series.

From Fox? For a show from the 70s? I wouldn't lose too much sleep over that occuring.

#12 of 45 OFFLINE   chadHobbick

chadHobbick

Stunt Coordinator

• 141 posts

Posted November 12 2009 - 03:41 AM

Quote:
 From Fox? For a show from the 70s? I wouldn't lose too much sleep over that occuring.

Well isn't this the company that released the MASH series quite frequently then included a great bonus disc w/their complete series set?  I mean the MTM Show has some great reunions and tv movies they could add for a complete series set, as well as new interviews w/the remaining cast, like the reunion on the Oprah show from last year.  I could totally see FOX doing this.  That is why I sold off my individual sets and am now holding off for the complete series next fall/Christmas.

I wish they would just get the Bob Newhart show back on schedule w/releases the same day as the MTM Show sets, like it used to be.

#13 of 45 OFFLINE   Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed

Stunt Coordinator

• 76 posts

Posted November 12 2009 - 08:47 AM

Just when I thought the well had totally run dry after weeks and weeks of "Nothing" (In my hunmble opinion of course).  Even I have something to smile about. I never thought I would say this, but....Thank you Fox.  And to think; some 'clown' had to give his life to make it happen.

#14 of 45 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,320 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted November 12 2009 - 09:59 AM

And the guy who wrote "Chuckles Bites The Dust" did himself bite the dust:

http://www.tvsquad.com/2009/11/11/veteran-writer-david-lloyd-dead-after-a-long-illness/

He must have died of shock when he read the Season 6 announcement.

Seriously though, R.I.P., thanks for the great shows you wrote, and say hi to Chuckles for us.

#15 of 45 OFFLINE   Alan_H

Alan_H

Stunt Coordinator

• 137 posts

Posted November 15 2009 - 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-P ">

#16 of 45 OFFLINE   Theodore J. Mooney

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor

• 538 posts

Posted December 07 2009 - 06:29 AM

Great! This is excellent news. I am looking forward to this DVD release ... it's has been literally years since I've seen these episodes of TMTMS.
Music Video of the Week (Feb. 8th-14th):
 ("Hands To Heaven" sung by Breathe)

"I Love Lucy wasn't just a title" ~ Desi Arnaz
"Desi Arnaz was the love of my life" ~ Lucille Ball

#17 of 45 OFFLINE   EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,501 posts

Posted January 27 2010 - 01:06 PM

Now available to order with a price...$18.99!

The Mary Tyler Moore Show: The Complete Sixth Season ~ Mary Tyler Moore, Gavin MacLeod, Edward Asner, and Ted Knight (DVD - 2010)
Buy new$29.98 $18.99

Available for Pre-order. This item will be released on Feb 2, 2010.

#18 of 45 OFFLINE   EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,501 posts

Posted January 29 2010 - 10:22 PM

Wow, that sure snuck up on me...it shipped today!

#19 of 45 OFFLINE   Theodore J. Mooney

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor

• 538 posts

Posted January 30 2010 - 09:21 AM

I just ordered this item a couple of nights ago ... I hope it will be shipping real soon. I can't wait to see season 6!!!
Music Video of the Week (Feb. 8th-14th):
 ("Hands To Heaven" sung by Breathe)

"I Love Lucy wasn't just a title" ~ Desi Arnaz
"Desi Arnaz was the love of my life" ~ Lucille Ball

#20 of 45 OFFLINE   Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed

Stunt Coordinator

• 76 posts

Posted February 02 2010 - 09:14 AM

I know they sold at least one this morning.  Me.  Watch for that third discs.  It may come loose.  I'm hoping that the final season is this summer, say like before September.  Until then I'll be watching season 5 and six VERY slowly.