What's new

Need Help! Muffled/muted sound from reciever? (1 Viewer)

Hopper

Auditioning
Real Name
Ethan
Hello everyone, I always come on this site to read up on things and to hear opinions but I finally desided to join and this is my first post!

So I have a Denon 789 paired with the Polk 705 system and it has worked great for the past year or so...BUT of coarse the kids play thier games ect ect and now my 5.1 zone1 sounds like it is muffled or muted? i have tried going thru speaker setup again, checked volume output,mute...everything i can think of.. any thoughts??? my zone 2 still sounds perfect

any help would be greatly appriciated!

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
ensure all your speaker wires are properly connected?

Try the bypass mode to see if this works ?

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
Code:
 Verify that the tweeter and midrange are working properly by putting your ear up to the front of speaker unit. Adjust the brilliance (tweeter level) and presence (midrange level) controls, if any, in back. >>> the kids play their games, etc. Do they turn the sound up really loud? Could they have blown the tweeter? Video games can produce audio with an unnaturally high high frequency content and cranking the volume can blow tweeters before their time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks