Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

"Chuck" Season 3

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
296 replies to this topic

#1 of 297 OFFLINE   Zack Gibbs

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter

• 1,687 posts

Posted October 09 2009 - 04:43 PM

I don't think there's a thread for Chuck's upcoming season yet. I just posted this elsewhere;

http://ausiellofiles...p-chuck-launch/

Originally slated to return next March, "Chuck" may return much sooner thanks to the brilliance of NBC executives. /img/vbsmilies/htf/thumbsup.gif

"Because he's the hero that Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt him... because he can take it... because he's not a hero... he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... a DARK KNIGHT."

#2 of 297 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,395 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted October 09 2009 - 05:05 PM

Generally great news.  The only downside is the March launch date was built around a major promotional push for the show during the Winter Olympics. I'm afraid that NBC will dump it onto the schedule unpromoted and unannounced, which dramatically decreases its chances for greater success.

Leave it to me to find the dark lining in a silver cloud, though.

#3 of 297 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,906 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted October 09 2009 - 05:08 PM

And, Ausiello says it will likely mean more than 13!  Whoo hoo!  Now, I'm going to go greedy and say we best get a fourth season!  

Edit: it's probably not a big problem.  Haven't the Olympics ratings been down in recent showings?  Maybe it's just because I don't care about them in the least.

#4 of 297 OFFLINE   Zack Gibbs

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter

• 1,687 posts

Posted October 09 2009 - 05:23 PM

Realistically I very much doubt that there will be any more Chuck past this season. Its only real hope is if they've managed to cut costs enough to make it lucrative to air to the existing fanbase. If they had gone into it this way from the beginning the show probably could have done fantastically on USA.

"Because he's the hero that Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt him... because he can take it... because he's not a hero... he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... a DARK KNIGHT."

#5 of 297 OFFLINE   Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma

Producer

• 5,361 posts

Posted October 10 2009 - 01:15 AM

I am really torn on this.  Naturally I want Chuck back on the air as soon as possible.  However, given the current stink NBC is giving off I would rather have some time and distance away for Chuck when it premieres.

The biggest thing Chuck needs to get some ratings traction is an uninterrupted season.  Right now the show has a 13 episode season arc in place that could be likened to a nice tight and lean cable quality product.  Putting the show on so soon would likely result in the arc being elongated thus watering it down.  Plus it would be interrupted for the Christmas holidays and for a month during the Olympics.  Momentum killers and possibly series ending ones too.

I really do not want the current 13 episode arc changed.  If the show does get a back 9 order, please oh please, treat it like a separate mini-season.

The show has a fantastic list of guest stars lined up already.  I will spoilerize it for those that prefer to not know but the season is shaping up to be awesome with the new dynamics of the Intersect 2.0.

Through the first 7 episodes, which is where the show is at in filming, the following guest stars have been confirmed.

Brandon Routh - 6 episodes
Kristin Kruek - 4 to 6 episodes  - anyone getting the SuperMan vibes!  /img/vbsmilies/htf/wink.gif
Angie Harmon
Vinnie Jones
Armand Assante
Stone Cold Steve Austin
&
Mini Anden aka Carina returns!  yes!
Needless to say, really excited for the upcoming season.

Every man is my superior, in that I may learn from him.

#6 of 297 OFFLINE   Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer

Producer

• 5,593 posts

Posted October 14 2009 - 04:24 AM

I say bring it on. Having to wait until March really sucked, plus this all but guarantees at least 22 episodes. I don't know (and don't want to know) anything about the season, but I'd agree that if they already have a tight 13, then the add ons could be a new arc, unless they have already planned a cohesive longer arc. Hopefully NBC will roll out enough promo to attract enough viewers to keep the show going for a fourth season, but I also think this will be a case of grass roots marketing from the fan base.

I'm also hoping S2 on Blu gets a release date soon! Chuck me!

#7 of 297 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,906 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted October 14 2009 - 05:37 AM

Southland shows that there are no guarantees.

#8 of 297 OFFLINE   Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma

Producer

• 5,361 posts

Posted October 28 2009 - 01:22 PM

Late breaking news as per http://www.thrfeed.c...ore-chuck-.html The Hollywood Reporter.

NBC has ordered 6 more episodes for Season 3 and bringing the total number of episodes to 19.

Further to that the show is now scheduled to return in January to its old time slot of 8:00pm on Mondays moving Heroes back to its previous time slot of 09:00pm.

#9 of 297 OFFLINE   Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma

Producer

• 5,361 posts

Posted October 28 2009 - 01:24 PM

sorry double post

Late breaking news as per http://www.thrfeed.c...ore-chuck-.html The Hollywood Reporter.

NBC has ordered 6 more episodes for Season 3 and bringing the total number of episodes to 19.

Further to that the show is now scheduled to return in January to its old time slot of 8:00pm on Mondays moving Heroes back to its previous time slot of 09:00pm.

#10 of 297 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,395 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted October 28 2009 - 01:42 PM

Good news! Hope they don't use the episodes to pad out the existing arc, though.

#11 of 297 OFFLINE   Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma

Producer

• 5,361 posts

Posted October 28 2009 - 02:29 PM

I agree.  Hope not but that is likely to be NBC's call in the end.

#12 of 297 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,906 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted October 28 2009 - 05:01 PM

I'd be more concerned about the Olympics stopping Chuck's big mo.  Starting after would have allowed an uninterrupted run.  Starting in November would have given a long run before the break.  I hope I'm just looking for something to complain about, but I'm hoping for a healthy enough run that a fourth year will be possible.

#13 of 297 OFFLINE   Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma

Producer

• 5,361 posts

Posted October 29 2009 - 02:14 AM

I hear you Greg.  Its a tradeoff to be sure.  The extra episodes mitigate the January start to my mind.

#14 of 297 OFFLINE   Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer

Producer

• 5,593 posts

Posted October 30 2009 - 02:51 PM

At least it's coming back before March, there's more than 13 episodes AND the Season 2 BRs + DVDs are out in January too. Chuck me!

#15 of 297 OFFLINE   Josh Dial

Josh Dial

Screenwriter

• 2,598 posts

Posted November 12 2009 - 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt 

Good news! Hope they don't use the episodes to pad out the existing arc, though.
Chuck is one of the rare shows that I don't mind padding in, as it usually means more story time given to the supporting characters, who I also care about.  As long as a sense of urgency is still present in the intersect story, I don't mind if it only gets ~20 minutes a week for a few weeks, if it means a few more Jeffster songs or Buy More scenes.

That all being said, the season 2 finale was just about perfect IMO, as it balanced the story between all the characters nicely, had some nice, heartfelt moments, good action, great music, terrific camera work, and a few cool twists.  If season 3 can continue the momentum, I'll be quite pleased.

I just hope that NBC has wits enough to realize that their network is in the doghouse, and that Chuck is worth keeping around.  They can't all be The West Wing.

#16 of 297 OFFLINE   Ken Chan

Ken Chan

Producer

• 3,302 posts

Posted November 19 2009 - 02:11 PM

Confirmed: Chuck to return Sunday January 10 at 9pm with two episodes, followed the next day by a third in its regular timeslot, Mondays at 8pm. Also at that site is an interview mentioning how the extra six episodes will work, which I am avoiding reading.

#17 of 297 OFFLINE   Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma

Producer

• 5,361 posts

Posted November 19 2009 - 04:44 PM

Great news!  Is Heroes done by then or are they moving it to 9:00pm?

#18 of 297 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,335 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted November 20 2009 - 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou Sytsma View Post

Great news!  Is Heroes done by then or are they moving it to 9:00pm?

It's being moved to 9 PM. If they think Heroes is doing bad ratings-wise now, it's probably going to take even more of a beating against 24.

#19 of 297 OFFLINE   Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma

Producer

• 5,361 posts

Posted November 20 2009 - 01:28 PM

Chuck should do better by virtue of not going against The Big Bang Theory this season.  The two shows hit the same demo.

Of course, House is another matter, about which few shows on any network would be able to counter.

#20 of 297 OFFLINE   Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer

Producer

• 5,593 posts

Posted November 21 2009 - 04:14 PM

Now that the January return is set, it would be a good idea to push the S2 release into December for a proper run up. I know I'm not the only one who'd like to rewatch S2 before S3 starts.