What's new

"Chuck" Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I think you could even argue that Chuck revealing to the world that he's the Intersect would be an act of treason, since the Intersect is a state secret, and sharing state secrets is an act of treason.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt

I think you could even argue that Chuck revealing to the world that he's the Intersect would be an act of treason, since the Intersect is a state secret, and sharing state secrets is an act of treason.
The reveal would, of course, be accidental. Thinking Morgan here.

Anyhow, just a thought, since they are introducing the Governor concept much like Stark's artificial heart.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
No comments about the most explosive two hours of television this season? At times I felt like I was watching a "Chuck" movie. The ending would have made a great series finale if the show hadn't been renewed. All they'd have had to do was have the message from Chuck's father be an erase code for the intersect. That being said, I thought it was a great twist to open up the world even further to Orion and everything. I've often wondered why the focus was always on Chuck and Elle's missing father and their mother got nary a mention.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial

No comments about the most explosive two hours of television this season? At times I felt like I was watching a "Chuck" movie. The ending would have made a great series finale if the show hadn't been renewed. All they'd have had to do was have the message from Chuck's father be an erase code for the intersect. That being said, I thought it was a great twist to open up the world even further to Orion and everything. I've often wondered why the focus was always on Chuck and Elle's missing father and their mother got nary a mention.

I liked it a lot. However, I greatly preferred last season's wedding sequence, and the following Chuck 2.0 stuff. For me, the editing and music (Jeffster rocks Mr. Roboto) pairing was top-notch.

In this finale, I really liked how all the characters were read into the plot, and I enjoyed the end reveal about the mom. I think my only complaint was the Jeffster sequence was the weakest offering from them yet--I wanted more of the song, and more of the video :)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I loved everything, except I'm not sure about Chuck and Ellie's mom being a part of this. I kind of liked the idea that the siblings had made peace with her abandoning them, and that maybe it was because she couldn't take her husband's spy life or maybe just his secretive behavior. The ending effectively put the genie back in the bottle as far as Ellie and maybe Awesome knowing is concerned. Chuck will be back to lying to them, though it might be best if he said, "I can't quit, and here's why." The Buy More being destroyed and Jeffster being on the run could be an end to that aspect of the story, but I'm sure Big Mike and the gang will be back. And, I'm sure something serious will develop between Morgan and Alex, much to Casey's chagrin.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Loved it. Chuck Versus the Subway was a perfect episode.

WOW indeed. Most Awesome! And now Chuck has his own BatCave!

Jeff and Lester on the run! LOL

And Shaw was very good as a villain.

Much prefer that TeamB be a family affair in Season 4 with everyone in the know. Including Morgan, Ellie, and Devon.

With MamaB at the source of their mission it would be a perfect way to involve everyone.

TeamB Vs The World should be the working title/theme for the next season carrying on PapaB's legacy.

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
I loved it - so much more rewarding then the prior night's finale.

I've loved Chuck since it premiered - I just wish we could get more people to watch.

Next season should be interesting - Having the Beverly Hills buy more folks show up was awesome, and then blowing it up was priceless :) I've liked the prior Jeffster showings better but that music video wasn't too bad and great background "fight" music.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Outstanding season finale. I liked how all the characters were in the episode, and how Chuck used his "Nerd Herd" skills to take the ring down. Alex will make the Morgan/Casey relationship that much better. Looking forward to season 4!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I hope that Mekenna Melvin (Alex McHugh) is a regular next season, because she fit in great with the cast. I like the way she could be simultaneously naive and kick ass; the anti-Casey with karate.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
I agree that Blaze of Glory was Jeffster's weakest number so far. While I loved the inclusion of Bon Jovi, I would have really preferred to hear the real thing during the fight.

But otherwise...wow.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
So Shaw's motivation to commit treason was based on his wife being murdered by CIA (specifically Sarah)? He made a good villain, but I wasn't sold on his getting to that place.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Cameron Yee

So Shaw's motivation to commit treason was based on his wife being murdered by CIA (specifically Sarah)? He made a good villain, but I wasn't sold on his getting to that place.

You just hit upon my only real criticism of the finale. This is a man who devoted his life to taking down the Ring. When he discovered that Sarah had shot his wife, he reluctantly turned to the Ring in order to get his revenge. Everything through the shoot out on the bridge I can buy. But the Shaw of the season finale was a completely different character; all of the reluctance was gone and he was suddenly the Darth Vader of the Ring. More bizarrely, he was more obsessed with killing Chuck than he was with killing Sarah. Sure, Chuck tried to kill him, but you'd think he'd still be more upset at the person who actually did kill his wife. I think it was a disservice to the character that Routh has built over the course of this season.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas

You just hit upon my only real criticism of the finale. This is a man who devoted his life to taking down the Ring. When he discovered that Sarah had shot his wife, he reluctantly turned to the Ring in order to get his revenge. Everything through the shoot out on the bridge I can buy. But the Shaw of the season finale was a completely different character; all of the reluctance was gone and he was suddenly the Darth Vader of the Ring. More bizarrely, he was more obsessed with killing Chuck than he was with killing Sarah. Sure, Chuck tried to kill him, but you'd think he'd still be more upset at the person who actually did kill his wife. I think it was a disservice to the character that Routh has built over the course of this season.

Ditto.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Lou Sytsma

Jeff and Lester on the run! LOL

While I enjoy the comedy of the idea of Jeffster on the run, wasn't there a crowd of first responders who watched Morgan accidentally drop the detonator that set off the bombs? And a dead guy [Shaw] in the wreckage whose fingerprints would be all over the bombs and detonator. And no evidence that Jeffster either planted bombs or set a fire by other means. And a handful of people who know exactly what went down. I mean even though they team Bartowski might have to be cagey on some details, they could at least credibly establish that someone other than Jeffster was responsible for the explosion. Seems like all kinds of airtight alibi for them.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I think it was mainly for comedy purposes, but the CIA probably decided it was convenient to let them appear to be the mad bombers, fingerprints and the cutting edge tech of the detonator notwithstanding. By the way, Shaw's body wouldn't be in the Buy More, since he isn't dead. Sarah just knocked him out. Well, it could have been a killing blow--we didn't actually see his fate--but he had been removed from the scene long before the explosion.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
I'm pretty sure it was Big Mike who called the authorities on Jeff and Lester. The first responders were all CIA "cleaners" so I don't think they're going to talk to the media.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
That's what I figured, but I rewatched from right after Sarah knocked Shaw upside the head and didn't remember that the cops and paramedics were CIA.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks