#941 of 1045 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,215 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted March 25 2014 - 10:12 AM

Added the following:

Boardwalk (1979) (MVD)

Carousel (1956) (Fox) - NOTE: Available on The Rodgers & Hammerstein Collection release - coming to Blu-ray 4/29/14

The King and I (1956) (Fox) - NOTE: Available on The Rodgers & Hammerstein Collection release - coming to Blu-ray 4/29/14

Oklahoma! (1955) (Fox) - NOTE: Also includes Todd-AO version; Available on The Rodgers & Hammerstein Collection release - coming to Blu-ray 4/29/14

State Fair (1945) (Fox) - NOTE: Available on The Rodgers & Hammerstein Collection release - coming to Blu-ray 4/29/14

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#942 of 1045 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,215 posts

Posted March 26 2014 - 11:32 AM

Added the following:

The Final Terror (1983) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 7/1/14

• davidHartzog likes this

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#943 of 1045 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,215 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 12:32 PM

Added the following:

House of Mortal Sin (aka The Cinfessional) (1976) (Redemption) - coming to Blu-ray 6/17/14

The Jesus Film (1979) (Gaiam) - coming to Blu-ray 4/1/14

#944 of 1045 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,215 posts

Posted March 31 2014 - 10:58 AM

Added the following:

Home Before Midnight (1979) (Redemption) - coming to Blu-ray 6/17/14

The Vanquished (1953) (Raro) - coming to Blu-ray 6/10/14

#945 of 1045 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,215 posts

Posted April 01 2014 - 10:07 AM

Added the following:

Cousin Jules (1972) (Cinema Guild) - coming to Blu-ray 6/3/14

Edited by Brandon Conway, April 01 2014 - 10:08 AM.

#946 of 1045 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,215 posts

Posted April 02 2014 - 09:56 AM

Added the following:

Motel Hell (1980) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 8/12/14

Sorority House Massacre (1986) (Scorpion) - coming to Blu-ray 7/8/14

Edited by Brandon Conway, April 02 2014 - 10:00 AM.

#947 of 1045 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,215 posts

Posted April 04 2014 - 11:05 AM

Added the following:

Hit the Deck (1955) (Warner) - coming to Blu-ray TBD

Leviathan (1989) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 8/19/14

The Wind and the Lion (1975) (Warner) - coming to Blu-ray TBD

Edited by Brandon Conway, April 05 2014 - 04:58 PM.

#948 of 1045 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,215 posts

Posted April 05 2014 - 05:31 PM

Added the following:

Aguirre: The Wrath of God (1972) (Shout Factory) - NOTE: Available on Herzog Collection release - coming to Blu-ray 7/29/14

Cobra Verde (1987) (Shout Factory) - NOTE: Available on Herzog Collection release - coming to Blu-ray 7/29/14

Deadly Eyes (1982) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 7/15/14

The Enigma of Kaspar Hasuer (1974) (Shout Factory) - NOTE: Available on Herzog Collection release - coming to Blu-ray 7/29/14

Fata Morgana (1971) (Shout Factory) - NOTE: Available on Herzog Collection release - coming to Blu-ray 7/29/14

Fitzcarraldo (1982) (Shout Factory) - NOTE: Available on Herzog Collection release - coming to Blu-ray 7/29/14

Heart of Glass (1976) (Shout Factory) - NOTE: Available on Herzog Collection release - coming to Blu-ray 7/29/14

Land of Silence and Darkness (1971) (Shout Factory) - NOTE: Available on Herzog Collection release - coming to Blu-ray 7/29/14

The Legend of Hell House (1973) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 8/26/14

Southern Comfort (1981) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 7/8/14

Stroszek (1977) (Shout Factory) - NOTE: Available on Herzog Collection release - coming to Blu-ray 7/29/14

Without Warning (1980) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 8/5/14

Woyzeck (1979) (Shout Factory) - NOTE: Available on Herzog Collection release - coming to Blu-ray 7/29/14

Edited by Brandon Conway, April 07 2014 - 12:22 PM.

#949 of 1045 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,215 posts

Posted April 07 2014 - 12:15 PM

Added the following:

Even Dwarfs Started Small (1970) (Shout Factory) - NOTE: Available on Herzog Collection release - coming to Blu-ray 7/29/14

Where the Green Ants Dream (1984) (Shout Factory) - NOTE: Available on Herzog Collection release - coming to Blu-ray 7/29/14

Edited by Brandon Conway, April 07 2014 - 12:21 PM.

#950 of 1045 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,215 posts

Posted April 08 2014 - 09:06 AM

Added the following:

Ballad of the Little Soldier (1984) (Shout Factory) - NOTE: Available on Herzog Collection release - coming to Blu-ray 7/29/14

Dracula (1974) (MPI) - coming to Blu-ray 5/27/14

The Final Option (aka Who Dares Win) (1982) (Timeless) - coming to Blu-ray 7/15/14

I Escaped from Devil's Island (1973) (Timeless) - coming to Blu-ray 7/15/14

#951 of 1045 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,215 posts

Posted April 09 2014 - 11:46 AM

Added the following:

StageFright: Aquarius (aka Deliria) (1987) (Blue Underground) - coming to Blu-ray 9/23/14

#952 of 1045 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,215 posts

Posted April 13 2014 - 01:25 PM

Added the following:

Born Yesterday (1950) (Twilight) - 7/8/14

Brannigan (1975) (Twilight) - coming to Blu-ray 7/8/14

The Buddy Holly Story (1978) (Twilight) - coming to Blu-ray 8/12/14

Follow That Dream (1962) (Twilight) - 8/12/14

Radio Days (1987) (Twilight) - coming to Blu-ray 7/8/14

The Secret of Santa Vittorio (1969) (Twilight) - coming to Blu-ray 8/12/14

Violent Saturday (1955) (Twilight) - coming to Blu-ray 7/8/14

Edited by Brandon Conway, April 13 2014 - 01:39 PM.

#953 of 1045 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,215 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 02:41 PM

Added the following:

Bay of Angels (1963) (Criterion) - NOTE: Available on The Essential Jacques Demy release - coming to Blu-ray 7/22/14

The Big Chill (1983) (Criterion) - coming to Blu-ray 7/29/14

Une chambre en ville (1982) (Criterion) - NOTE: Available on The Essential Jacques Demy release - coming to Blu-ray 7/22/14

Donkey Skin (1970) (Criterion) - NOTE: Available on The Essential Jacques Demy release - coming to Blu-ray 7/22/14

Lola (1961) (Criterion) - NOTE: Available on The Essential Jacques Demy release - coming to Blu-ray 7/22/14

Pickpocket (1959) (Criterion) - coming to Blu-ray 7/15/14

Scanners (1981) (Criterion) - coming to Blu-ray 7/15/14

The Toxic Avenger (1984) (Troma) - coming to Blu-ray 7/8/14

The Umbrellas of Cherbourg (1964) (Criterion) - NOTE: Available on The Essential Jacques Demy release - coming to Blu-ray 7/22/14

The Young Girls of Rochefort (1967) (Criterion) - NOTE: Available on The Essential Jacques Demy release - coming to Blu-ray 7/22/14

#954 of 1045 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,215 posts

Posted April 17 2014 - 10:24 AM

Added the following:

Favorites of the Moon (1984) (Cohen Media) - coming to Blu-ray 8/12/14

Edited by Brandon Conway, April 17 2014 - 10:27 AM.

#955 of 1045 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,215 posts

Posted April 21 2014 - 12:06 PM

Added the following:

Bloodsucking Freaks (1976) (Troma) - coming to Blu-ray 6/3/14

Sugar Cookies (1973) (Vinegar Syndrome) - coming to Blu-ray 6/3/14

#956 of 1045 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,215 posts

Posted April 22 2014 - 09:38 AM

Added the following:

Elvis: That's the Way It Is (1970) (Warner) - coming to Blu-ray 8/12/14

#957 of 1045 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,215 posts

Posted April 26 2014 - 12:05 PM

Added the following:

Death Bed: The Bed That Eats (1977) (Cult Epics) - coming to Blu-ray 6/3/14

#958 of 1045 OFFLINE   John Stell

John Stell

Supporting Actor

• 857 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted April 28 2014 - 01:07 PM

A pretty incredible resource Brandon, especially for someone like me who collects pre-1960s films.

One thing I noticed is that Our Daily Bread is listed in the 1930s section.  This release never materialized and I cannot find it listed anywhere anymore (e.g. Amazon, DVD Planet). If someone does have it I'd love it if they shared where they purchased it.

• cafink and Brandon Conway like this
"...you would not understand...You do not...have...daughters."

#959 of 1045 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,215 posts

Posted April 28 2014 - 01:43 PM

The Our Daily Bread release has actually been delayed. I've updated the list to reflect this. It's still forthcoming:

"It's still in restoration and I'm hoping it can go into compression and authoring by the end of the month."

----

Added the following:

Tomorrow (1972) (B2MP) - coming to Blu-ray TBD

Edited by Brandon Conway, April 28 2014 - 01:56 PM.

#960 of 1045 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,215 posts

Posted April 30 2014 - 11:44 AM

Added the following:

Curtains (1983) (Synapse) - coming to Blu-ray 7/8/14

When You Wore a Tulip and I Wore a Big Red Rose (1983) (Flicker Alley) - NOTE: - NOTE: Available on We're in the Movies: Palace of Silents & Itinerant Filmmaking release - coming to Blu-ray 6/17/14

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users