Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Pre-90s catalog on Blu - A comprehensive list

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1006 replies to this topic

#881 of 1007 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,073 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted October 11 2013 - 01:02 PM

Added the following:

The Blue Max (1966) (Twilight) - coming to Blu-ray 2/11/14

Crimes and Misdemeanors (1989) (Twilight) - coming to Blu-ray 2/11/14

The Eddy Duchin Story (1956) (Twilight) - coming to Blu-ray 2/11/14

The Front (1975) (Twilight) - coming to Blu-ray 2/11/14

Hail Mary (1985) (Cohen Media) - coming to Blu-ray 1/7/14

Khartoum (1966) (Twilight) - coming to Blu-ray 1/21/14

Man in the Dark (1953) (Twilight) - NOTE: Also includes 3D version - coming to Blu-ray 1/21/14

Thunderbolt and Lightfoot (1974) (Twilight) - coming to Blu-ray 2/11/14

Zulu (1963) (Twilight) - coming to Blu-ray 1/21/14

Edited by Brandon Conway, October 11 2013 - 01:17 PM.

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#882 of 1007 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,073 posts

Posted October 15 2013 - 11:00 AM

Added the following:

Hell of the Living Dead (aka Virus) (1980) (Blue Underground) - coming to Blu-ray 3/25/14

Rats: Night of Terror (1984) (Blue Underground) - coming to Blu-ray 3/25/14

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#883 of 1007 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,073 posts

Posted October 16 2013 - 01:05 PM

Added the following:

Rififi (1955) (Criterion) - coming to Blu-ray 1/14/14

Thief (1981) (Criterion) - coming to Blu-ray 1/14/14

Throne of Blood (1957) (Criterion) - coming to Blu-ray 1/7/14

#884 of 1007 lukejosephchung

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter

• 1,112 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA., USA

Posted October 16 2013 - 01:32 PM

Add "It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World!!!" Criterion edition 1/21/14 to this list...WOW!!!

#885 of 1007 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,073 posts

Posted October 16 2013 - 01:49 PM

Mad World is already on the list because of the MGM release, but I've added a note about the new release as I usually do when another company subsequently releases the same film.

Edited by Brandon Conway, October 17 2013 - 10:29 AM.

• lukejosephchung likes this

#886 of 1007 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,073 posts

Posted October 22 2013 - 10:38 AM

Added the following:

Fanny Hill: Memoirs of a Woman of Pleasure (1964) (Vinegar Syndrome) - coming to Blu-ray 12/10/13

The Phantom Gunslinger (1970) (Vinegar Syndrome) - NOTE: 1080p bonus feature on Fanny Hill: Memoirs of a Woman of Pleasure - coming to Blu-ray 12/10/13

The Wicker Man (1973) (Lionsgate) - coming to Blu-ray 1/7/13

#887 of 1007 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,073 posts

Posted October 24 2013 - 02:55 PM

Added the following:

Death Wish (1974) (Warner) - coming to Blu-ray 2/4/14

#888 of 1007 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,073 posts

Posted October 30 2013 - 03:23 PM

Added the following:

Nostalghia (1983) (Kino) - coming to Blu-ray 1/21/14

#889 of 1007 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,073 posts

Posted October 31 2013 - 11:43 AM

Added the following:

A Chorus Line (1985) (MGM) - coming to Blu-ray 1/14/14

Night of the Demons (1988) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 2/4/14

Witchboard (1986) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 2/4/14

#890 of 1007 davidHartzog

davidHartzog

Second Unit

• 441 posts
  • Locationupstate NY

Posted October 31 2013 - 11:56 AM

Thanks for the list! What an effort!
  • Brandon Conway likes this
Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.

#891 of 1007 AnthonyClarke

AnthonyClarke

Supporting Actor

• 713 posts
  • LocationWoodend Victoria Australia

Posted November 03 2013 - 10:03 PM

And once again .. really appreciated. It's always one of the first threads I track as I pan for Blu ray gold......

• Brandon Conway likes this

#892 of 1007 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,073 posts

Posted November 07 2013 - 11:30 AM

Added the following:

Hairspray (1988) (Warner) - coming to Blu-ray 3/4/14

In the Heat of the Night (1967) (MGM) - coming to Blu-ray 1/14/14

Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans (1927) (Fox) - coming to Blu-ray 1/14/14

#893 of 1007 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,073 posts

Posted November 11 2013 - 11:24 AM

Added the following:

Bad Dreams (1988) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 2/18/14

Coal Miner's Daughter (1980) (Universal) - coming to Blu-ray 1/7/14

El Dorado (1966) (Warner) - coming to Blu-ray 3/11/14

Flavia the Heretic (1974) (Scorpion) - coming to Blu-ray 1/28/14

Gorillas in the Mist (1988) (Universal) - coming to Blu-ray 1/7/14

Grizzly (1976) (Scorpion) - coming to Blu-ray 2/18/14

Gunfight at the O.K. Corral (1957) (Warner) - coming to Blu-ray 3/11/14

Hatari! (1962) (Warner) - coming to Blu-ray 3/11/14

Unico (1981) (Eastern Star) - coming to Blu-ray 1/14/14

Unico in the Island of Magic (1983) (Eastern Star) - coming to Blu-ray 1/14/14

Visiting Hours (1982) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 2/18/14

#894 of 1007 Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Screenwriter

• 2,578 posts

Posted November 11 2013 - 11:48 AM

Ohhh....Gorillas in the Mist, and Coal Miner's Daughter.  Universal has my number.

housekeeping 2.jpg

"She always does that, she just wanders away"

#895 of 1007 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,073 posts

Posted November 15 2013 - 02:12 PM

Added the following:

Foreign Correspondent (1940) (Criterion) - coming to Blu-ray 2/18/14

Frankenstein Created Woman (1967) (Millennium) - coming to Blu-ray 1/14/14

Jules and Jim (1962) (Criterion) - coming to Blu-ray 2/4/14

Tess (1979) (Criterion) - coming to Blu-ray 2/25/14

The Year of the Cannibals (1970) (Raro) - coming to Blu-ray 1/14/14

#896 of 1007 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,073 posts

Posted November 17 2013 - 11:26 AM

Added the following:

The Battle of Britain (1943) (Periscope) - NOTE: Available on Why We Fight release

The Battle of China (1944) (Periscope) - NOTE: Available on Why We Fight release

The Battle of Russia (1943) (Periscope) - NOTE: Available on Why We Fight release

Divide and Conquer (1943) (Periscope) - NOTE: Available on Why We Fight release

Many Wars Ago (1970) (Kino) - coming to Blu-ray 1/7/14

Ms. 45 (1981) (Drafthouse) - coming to Blu-ray 3/25/14

The Nazis Strike (1943) (Periscope) - NOTE: Available on Why We Fight release

Prelude to War (1942) (Periscope) - NOTE: Available on Why We Fight release

The Visitor (1979) (Drafthouse) - coming to Blu-ray 3/4/14

War Comes to America (1945) (Periscope) - NOTE: Available on Why We Fight release

Edited by Brandon Conway, November 17 2013 - 11:37 AM.

#897 of 1007 davidHartzog

davidHartzog

Second Unit

• 441 posts
  • Locationupstate NY

Posted November 17 2013 - 02:39 PM

Finally, In the Heat of the Night; and Foreign Correspondent.
Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.

#898 of 1007 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,073 posts

Posted November 21 2013 - 01:12 PM

Added the following:

Come Back, Africa (1959) (Milestone) - coming to Blu-ray 2/4/14

The Inn of the Sixth Happiness (1958) (Fox) - coming to Blu-ray 2/4/14

Slumber Party Massacre (1982) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 3/18/14

#899 of 1007 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,073 posts

Posted December 02 2013 - 12:31 PM

Added the following:

All the King's Men (1949) (Twilight) - coming to Blu-ray 3/10/14

Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia (1974) (Twilight) - coming to Blu-ray 3/10/14

Broadway Danny Rose (1984) (Twilight) - coming to Blu-ray 4/8/14

Conrack (1974) (Twilight) - coming to Blu-ray 3/10/14

Equus (1977) (Twilight) - coming to Blu-ray 3/10/14

Mr. Hobbs Takes a Vacation (1962) (Twilight) - coming to Blu-ray 4/8/14

Rita, Sue and Bob Too! (1986) (Twilight) - coming to Blu-ray 4/8/14

Used Cars (1980) (Twilight) - coming to Blu-ray 4/8/14

#900 of 1007 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,073 posts

Posted December 10 2013 - 12:37 PM

Added the following:

Funny Face (1957) (Warner) - coming to Blu-ray 4/8/14

Sabrina (1954) (Warner) - coming to Blu-ray 4/8/14

Samson and Delilah (1949) (Paramount) - coming to Blu-ray 3/11/14

Successive Slidings of Pleasure (1974) (Kino) - coming to Blu-ray 2/11/14

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users