Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Conquer Cancer Home Theater Forum Team

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Henry Carmona

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter

• 1,302 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted May 16 2009 - 01:56 PM

Hello all

Some of you may remember a while back i started a United Devices Cancer Research Team with the blessing of Parker and Ronald.

We had a fair number of Home Theater Forum members sign up and donate free PC time for this great cause.

That program has ended and the results are being analyzed

I am here again asking for volunteers to join and donate their PC for more research.

This time the research is being done through the World Community Grid

You can join the Home Theater Forum Team and download the software here:
Conquer Cancer Home Theater Forum Team

When you choose to download, you have the option to be able to donate computer time for other worthy causes such as HIV, muscular dystrophy, etc.
I only chose cancer and childhood cancer.

I cant tell you guys how much i hate this disease. I lost my grandfather to cancer and know people with cancer. I sincerely hope you guys will find this to be a worthy cause and choose to volunteer.

Thank you.

Quote:
Our Mission, Our Work and You
World Community Grid's mission is to create the world's largest public computing grid to tackle projects that benefit humanity.

Our work has developed the technical infrastructure that serves as the grid's foundation for scientific research. Our success depends upon individuals collectively contributing their unused computer time to change the world for the better.

"Charlie don't surf."

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Michael_K_Sr

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter

• 1,346 posts
  • LocationChicago 'burbs

Posted May 17 2009 - 03:40 PM

I wish you a lot of luck, Henry. I want to see cancer eliminated just as much as you. I'm going to stick with Stanford's Folding@Home project, which I've been involved with for several years. One nice thing about their project is that they are able to tap the insane computational power of the Playstation 3 as part of the protein folding process. Some guys involved with the project have even bought PS3 players with damaged Blu-Ray drives, just so they could be used as protein folding behemoths. Posted Image

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Henry Carmona

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter

• 1,302 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted May 26 2009 - 11:19 AM

Just wanted to give a bump for an important cause.
"Charlie don't surf."