Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Streets Of San Francisco Season 3

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
135 replies to this topic

#21 of 136 OFFLINE   Kathryn81

Kathryn81

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted July 30 2009 - 01:07 AM

To elaborate on the message I posted yesterday about the season three release of "Streets of San Francisco". There is an episode from season two (on DVD) titled "A String of Puppets" that also featured music. Lola Falana played a nightclub singer and performed several songs in the show, including "Close To You" and "Hey Jude". Obviously it wasn't a problem to have these songs on DVD; so I don't think the songs from "Mask of Death" in season three would be any different. (Maybe it's just a problem when the songs are original recordings?)   

At any rate, as fans of "Streets", or any other TV show, if the first couple of seasons are released, we deserve to have every season available on DVD! A lot of classic TV shows are still being released on DVD, like "Hawaii Five-O", "The Fugitive" and "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" (season five-FINALLY!). 

I wrote a review of season three of "Streets" on amazon.com; does anyone know of any other websites where we can notify Paramount/CBS video that we want "Streets" on DVD? Maybe it will help!  

#22 of 136 OFFLINE   HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,303 posts

Posted July 30 2009 - 03:42 AM

Hopefully they're busy at remastering the remaining seasons! Btw, it's an extremely popular show selling like hot cakes outside America, so I just can't see it being any different stateside in terms of its sales figures. I think it's done pretty good for Paramount, they're just not telling us the numbers, surely the hold up is purely any transfering business. 

#23 of 136 OFFLINE   BobSchneider

BobSchneider

Second Unit

• 421 posts

Posted July 30 2009 - 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powell&Pressburger 

I think Paramount shot themselves in the foot with Streets of San Fran. I bought every volume the days they were released but we are talking 70.00 for a full season retail priced. I think it didn't sell huge numbers.. but I still have hope for the remainder of the series... they just need to nix these VOLUME 1/2 season sets. I don't mind a higher price but I feel like they love releasing partial tv shows and never finishing them off. Whoever thought it was best to do the 1/2 volumes over at Paramount really does not want the shows sales to succeed at all. It takes so long just to get so few episodes. DYNASTY is the pits to wait for.
Edited by Powell&Pressburger - 7/29/2009 at 06:56 pm GMT
Well that why I never buy spilt seasons on day of release unless I can find a insaine  pre release price. I bought  all my streets of sf used for 14.95 not the stupid price of 29.95 to 39.95 some retailers were charging for it new. It also ment I purchase streets of SF about 6 months after the release.

Q: Why do you care?

A: You'll never know.

#24 of 136 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,110 posts

Posted August 18 2009 - 11:48 AM

I had a brief look in this thread a couple of weeks ago but didn't reply. I'm hoping it isn't too long a wait for the first volume of the third season to be released by CBS/Paramount.

#25 of 136 OFFLINE   Corey3rd

Corey3rd

Screenwriter

• 1,721 posts

Posted August 18 2009 - 12:03 PM

they have included the second episode on the upcoming TV Sets: Crime and Punishment along with Hawaii Five-0, CSI:NY and Dexter so at least somebody is a fan of the show at CBS and didn't just give the slot to The Untouchables
come see the reviews at
http://thedvdlounge.com/

and the Seinfeld Tour Bus

#26 of 136 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,110 posts

Posted August 21 2009 - 10:25 AM

Corey - When I read your post (and this was before I received my copy of the first season of SOSF on Region 2 in the post this week) I thought you were saying the second episode of the third season had been included in this TV Sets: Crime and Punishment R1 DVD. I realised after looking at the episode list on the reverse of the DVD sleeve that it was the second episode of the first season, not the third season which had been included. Which is a shame, as it would have been nice to get a preview of a possible digitally remastered third season episode of SOSF.

#27 of 136 OFFLINE   Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,120 posts

Posted October 17 2009 - 04:49 AM

I'm also a fan of the series but the bottom line is if a show sells enough to make the company a profit, they continue the releases. If they are losing money, they won't continue. The only thing that matters is the sales numbers and if the show isn't selling, nothing else is going to make a difference.

#28 of 136 OFFLINE   HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,303 posts

Posted October 18 2009 - 04:06 AM

I'm pretty sure the delay is not because of bad numbers, I feel confident it's done great in sales, it's hopefully being remastered as we speak.

#29 of 136 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,347 posts

Posted October 18 2009 - 05:26 AM

i think this show has a good following. They did not release anything this year, but, i suspect it could be on the radar screen for next year.

#30 of 136 OFFLINE   HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,303 posts

Posted January 22 2010 - 04:25 AM

I wonder if Jeff or anyone have news on this for 2010? Still two more seasons with Michael Douglas to go and one with Richard Hatch. 

#31 of 136 OFFLINE   redbird

redbird

Agent

• 46 posts

Posted January 22 2010 - 04:44 AM

I hope the next season makes it out- the more I watch the eps from the first two seasons the more I like this show.
Death to double sided DVDs!

Hey Sony-continue our old shows or farm them out already!

#32 of 136 OFFLINE   Jim Douglas

Jim Douglas

Second Unit

• 252 posts

Posted January 22 2010 - 02:26 PM

Yeah I was really hoping to see season three out by now. Hope it makes it in 2010 and doesn't end up like NYPD Blue.

Jim

#33 of 136 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,347 posts

Posted January 23 2010 - 12:34 AM

this show was very good! I am surprise they have not release more of this show considering they have been releasing Cannon and in february Barnaby Jones. I am suspecting there must be some issue with the release, like music rights, etc.

We are at the end of January and we have see some of the releases up to and including April or 4/12 of the year. So, it does not appear to me that 2010 is going to be banner year for releases. The studios are releasing their commitments, but, nothing or and beyond that commitment. I am just happy that Hawaii Five-O, Dallas, Barnaby Jones, Night Court, Adam-12, etc are coming out.

#34 of 136 OFFLINE   Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,120 posts

Posted January 23 2010 - 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryDuBrow 

I'm pretty sure the delay is not because of bad numbers, I feel confident it's done great in sales, it's hopefully being remastered as we speak.
     That's not what my sources at Paramount told me. Where are you getting your information from?

#35 of 136 OFFLINE   HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,303 posts

Posted January 25 2010 - 03:57 AM

What did you hear? I'm just guessing it did fine because I can't really imagine it didn't, plus they'd only remastered the first two seasons (then). 

#36 of 136 OFFLINE   Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,120 posts

Posted January 25 2010 - 05:34 PM

Quote:

What did you hear? I'm just guessing it did fine because I can't really imagine it didn't, plus they'd only remastered the first two seasons (then). 
      I was told it didn't sell well at all, which is why it hasn't continued. Since you can't imagine that, then I guess you should keep on believing what you want to believe. Hey, why let the facts get in the way.

#37 of 136 OFFLINE   HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,303 posts

Posted January 25 2010 - 09:28 PM

What facts? We don't know about any facts here, so I don't like your condescending tone. You were told something, that doesn't make it fact. I assumed - and I think fairly - it hasn't been continued yet because they only HD transferred the first two seasons. That is the fact we know.

#38 of 136 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,391 posts

Posted January 25 2010 - 10:17 PM

Henry, it's been my experience that most of the rude "experts" on these forums that claim to have "sources" from inside film studios...don't. I'm not saying that this is the case with Neil; I'm saying it because I imagine it to be the facts.

#39 of 136 OFFLINE   HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,303 posts

Posted January 25 2010 - 11:13 PM

Yes, could be Ethan. I only asked because there's no other news, if Neil had any facts (which I don't see anywhere in this thread) it might have been a good idea had he re-started it instead of me. I'm merely making the assumption based on what we knew, namely, that they at the time had only transferred the first two seasons. Hence only those out so far, makes sense to figure this to be a possible hold-up. Now, if the remaining episodes haven't been dealt with accordingly yet then we may have a problem, in addition to any possible low sales. 

#40 of 136 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,391 posts

Posted January 26 2010 - 02:03 AM

Quote:

Yes, could be Ethan. I only asked because there's no other news, if Neil had any facts (which I don't see anywhere in this thread) it might have been a good idea had he re-started it instead of me. I'm merely making the assumption based on what we knew, namely, that they at the time had only transferred the first two seasons. Hence only those out so far, makes sense to figure this to be a possible hold-up. Now, if the remaining episodes haven't been dealt with accordingly yet then we may have a problem, in addition to any possible low sales. 
Your speculative arguments make complete sense to me in the absence of any formal announcements from the studios.

Others should keep in mind that about 98% of the things we discuss in these threads are total speculation. Some seemingly don't know the difference. The utterances of ethereal acquaintances who just happen to work in film studios are not fact; they are also speculation. Contrast this to a thread about 4 years ago wherein some forum members where wondering whether a certain sitcom would get a release. It just so happens the creator of that sitcom was once my writing teacher. I sent her off an e-mail and with her permission, posted her reply about that dvd right here in the forum for all to read. This was a case of an authentic response from a real participant of a real tv show; her response was informed and not speculative, I used her full name and the response in the forum was cited. It was not a case of "my cousin's son works for Universal and he said to forget about it."

In other words, those who cite "fact" should either put up or shut up.