Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Sea Hunt

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#161 of 169 OFFLINE   LouA

LouA

Supporting Actor

• 535 posts
  • LocationNew jersey

Posted April 24 2013 - 06:53 PM

Today I checked my SEA HUNT season one 5-disc set and both "The Hero" (21/06/58) and "Pressure Suit" (05/06/1958) were there intact minted on a standard DVD.  As far as can be ascertained each disc housed in the two plastic containers provided has its own individual slip case.

So I guess that means genuine closure at last!

Someday I will actually take the time to watch them.

Jeff T.

Jeff where did you buy your season one set? I want to make sure I order it from a dealer who has new stock with the episode correction. I already have seasons 2-3-4 and the marathon box set.

:D

#162 of 169 OFFLINE   JeffT.

JeffT.

Supporting Actor

• 878 posts

Posted April 24 2013 - 10:35 PM

You are certainly a devout SEA HUNT fan beyond reproach!  I quite understand as it is an interesting tv series and a refreshing change from what we've been normally inundated with on DVD.

To answer your inquiry I preordered all my SEA HUNT complete series DVD sets last October from AMAZON.CA (Canada) so I think that it is likely AMAZON.COM (U.S.) should also have the "corrected" season one (1958) box sets by now.

Good luck on this and happy viewing!

Jeff T.

#163 of 169 OFFLINE   LouA

LouA

Supporting Actor

• 535 posts
  • LocationNew jersey

Posted April 25 2013 - 05:14 PM

Thanks , Will order today !

#164 of 169 OFFLINE   Cowboy

Cowboy

Stunt Coordinator

• 81 posts

Posted June 04 2013 - 06:05 PM

This show was a blind buy for me.Picked up all 4 seasons and am enjoying the show.Great video quality and low price for each season.

Edited by Cowboy, June 04 2013 - 06:07 PM.

• LouA likes this

#165 of 169 OFFLINE   JeffT.

JeffT.

Supporting Actor

• 878 posts

Posted June 05 2013 - 06:24 AM

It's gratifying to see all of our friends happy on this one!

Really the SEAHUNT (Syndicated 1958-61) tv series has to be one of the better "older" television series DVD releases of the year and the price was incredible.

I am still waiting for our slowpoke local online distributor to make available the upcoming RIPCORD (Syndicated 1961-63) tv series DVD release for preorder and it's been a l-o-n-g frustrating wait on this one.

Jeff T.

#166 of 169 OFFLINE   Regulus

Regulus

Screenwriter

• 2,264 posts

Posted June 05 2013 - 01:49 PM

It's gratifying to see all of our friends happy on this one!

Really the SEAHUNT (Syndicated 1958-61) tv series has to be one of the better "older" television series DVD releases of the year and the price was incredible.

I am still waiting for our slowpoke local online distributor to make available the upcoming RIPCORD (Syndicated 1961-63) tv series DVD release for preorder and it's been a l-o-n-g frustrating wait on this one.

Jeff T.

Hang in there Jeff, August 6 can"t arrive soon  enough! :biggrin:

Edited by Regulus, June 05 2013 - 01:49 PM.

DVD Collection Inventory: TV Episodes - 36,417 :biggrin: ( 757 Series ) :biggrin: Movies - 2,424  :biggrin: Serial Chapters - 1,201 :B)

#167 of 169 OFFLINE   LeoA

LeoA

Screenwriter

• 1,021 posts
  • LocationNorth Country

Posted May 08 2014 - 05:06 AM

POPULAR

Just wanted to bump this thread and compliment the publisher for their quality customer service. I discovered that I had the initial incorrect disc several days ago and inquired if I could still get a corrected pressed replacement for it. I was promptly emailed back and 48 hours later it was on my doorstep this morning. Furthermore, it was packaged well and was in a nice plastic case to boot. 

A lot of these big corporations could learn a lesson from TGG Direct. 

• Randy Korstick, LouA and Jack K like this

#168 of 169 OFFLINE   LouA

LouA

Supporting Actor

• 535 posts
  • LocationNew jersey

Posted May 08 2014 - 04:52 PM

I've noticed that TGG has been reissuing some ot thier TV shows in complete series box sets, most recently Bat Masterson. I wonder if they'll do this with Sea Hunt.  Speaking of TGG, the seem to be a good company- all of the DVD's I've gotten from them are top quality. It's too bad they aren't releasing more show like Bat Masterson and Sea Hunt . There are plenty from the ZIV library left to release .

#169 of 169 OFFLINE   Mike*HTF

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor

• 872 posts

Posted May 08 2014 - 07:14 PM

I agree. I think many of us here would like to see more Ziv.

In terms of a complete series box, Highway Patrol would be especially welcome as the first year remains far more expensive than the seasons released by TGG.

• LouA likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users