Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Sea Hunt

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#161 of 169 LouA

LouA

Second Unit

• 345 posts
  • LocationNew jersey

Posted April 24 2013 - 06:53 PM

Today I checked my SEA HUNT season one 5-disc set and both "The Hero" (21/06/58) and "Pressure Suit" (05/06/1958) were there intact minted on a standard DVD.  As far as can be ascertained each disc housed in the two plastic containers provided has its own individual slip case.

So I guess that means genuine closure at last!

Someday I will actually take the time to watch them.

Jeff T.

Jeff where did you buy your season one set? I want to make sure I order it from a dealer who has new stock with the episode correction. I already have seasons 2-3-4 and the marathon box set.

:D

#162 of 169 JeffT.

JeffT.

Supporting Actor

• 844 posts

Posted April 24 2013 - 10:35 PM

You are certainly a devout SEA HUNT fan beyond reproach!  I quite understand as it is an interesting tv series and a refreshing change from what we've been normally inundated with on DVD.

To answer your inquiry I preordered all my SEA HUNT complete series DVD sets last October from AMAZON.CA (Canada) so I think that it is likely AMAZON.COM (U.S.) should also have the "corrected" season one (1958) box sets by now.

Good luck on this and happy viewing!

Jeff T.

#163 of 169 LouA

LouA

Second Unit

• 345 posts
  • LocationNew jersey

Posted April 25 2013 - 05:14 PM

Thanks , Will order today !

#164 of 169 Cowboy

Cowboy

Stunt Coordinator

• 81 posts

Posted June 04 2013 - 06:05 PM

This show was a blind buy for me.Picked up all 4 seasons and am enjoying the show.Great video quality and low price for each season.

Edited by Cowboy, June 04 2013 - 06:07 PM.

• LouA likes this

#165 of 169 JeffT.

JeffT.

Supporting Actor

• 844 posts

Posted June 05 2013 - 06:24 AM

It's gratifying to see all of our friends happy on this one!

Really the SEAHUNT (Syndicated 1958-61) tv series has to be one of the better "older" television series DVD releases of the year and the price was incredible.

I am still waiting for our slowpoke local online distributor to make available the upcoming RIPCORD (Syndicated 1961-63) tv series DVD release for preorder and it's been a l-o-n-g frustrating wait on this one.

Jeff T.

#166 of 169 Regulus

Regulus

Screenwriter

• 2,185 posts

Posted June 05 2013 - 01:49 PM

It's gratifying to see all of our friends happy on this one!

Really the SEAHUNT (Syndicated 1958-61) tv series has to be one of the better "older" television series DVD releases of the year and the price was incredible.

I am still waiting for our slowpoke local online distributor to make available the upcoming RIPCORD (Syndicated 1961-63) tv series DVD release for preorder and it's been a l-o-n-g frustrating wait on this one.

Jeff T.

Hang in there Jeff, August 6 can"t arrive soon  enough! :biggrin:

Edited by Regulus, June 05 2013 - 01:49 PM.

DVD Collection Inventory: TV Episodes - 33,619( 727 Series ) :biggrin: Movies - 2,363   :B)  Serial Chapters - 1,102 :B)

#167 of 169 LeoA

LeoA

Supporting Actor

• 807 posts
  • LocationNorth Country

Posted May 08 2014 - 05:06 AM

POPULAR

Just wanted to bump this thread and compliment the publisher for their quality customer service. I discovered that I had the initial incorrect disc several days ago and inquired if I could still get a corrected pressed replacement for it. I was promptly emailed back and 48 hours later it was on my doorstep this morning. Furthermore, it was packaged well and was in a nice plastic case to boot. 

A lot of these big corporations could learn a lesson from TGG Direct. 

• Randy Korstick, LouA and Jack K like this

#168 of 169 LouA

LouA

Second Unit

• 345 posts
  • LocationNew jersey

Posted May 08 2014 - 04:52 PM

I've noticed that TGG has been reissuing some ot thier TV shows in complete series box sets, most recently Bat Masterson. I wonder if they'll do this with Sea Hunt.  Speaking of TGG, the seem to be a good company- all of the DVD's I've gotten from them are top quality. It's too bad they aren't releasing more show like Bat Masterson and Sea Hunt . There are plenty from the ZIV library left to release .

#169 of 169 Mike*HTF

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor

• 806 posts

Posted May 08 2014 - 07:14 PM

I agree. I think many of us here would like to see more Ziv.

In terms of a complete series box, Highway Patrol would be especially welcome as the first year remains far more expensive than the seasons released by TGG.

• LouA likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users