HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Title: Below (2002)

Tagline: Six hundred feet beneath the surface terror runs deep

Genre: Thriller, Horror, Mystery

Director: David Twohy

Cast: Matthew Davis, Bruce Greenwood, Olivia Williams, Zach Galifianakis, Scott Foley, Holt McCallany, Nick Chinlund, Jason Flemyng, Andrew Howard, Christopher Fairbank, Matthew Leitch, Jonathan Hartman, David Twohy

Release: 2002-08-11

Runtime: 105

Plot: In the dark silence of the sea during World War II, the submarine USS Tiger Shark prowls on what should be a routine rescue mission. But for the shell-shocked crew, trapped together in the sub's narrow corridors and constricted spaces, this is about to become a journey into the sensory delusions, mental deceptions and runaway fears that lurk just below the surface of the ocean.

This was on CBS all access and we watched it tonight. Imagine Hunt for Red October crossed with Event Horizon, with Zack Galiafianakis making an early showing.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
This was a blind buy when it streeted. Partly due to the subject matter and the involvement of David Twohy (who had previously directed Pitch Black and his numerous writing credits) and Bruce Greenwood who never disappoints.

It was a very moody and effective thriller that I enjoyed quite a bit. It has been a long time since I viewed this and I probably should watch it again. (Of course, that is true of a lot of titles in my collection. :) )

- Walter.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'd love a good blu-ray of this, and would buy it in a heartbeat. The only blu version of this seems to be a double-feature with "Darkness" from Echo Bridge released in 2012. It was a Dimension/Miramax release, so I think it's now with Paramount. They have re-released some Miramax horror titles on blu-ray last year (The Prophecy, Mimic, The Faculty), so maybe there's a chance.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks