What's new

Blu-ray Screen Captures? (1 Viewer)

Pirate

Auditioning
Real Name
Josh
Hi,

I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but a few friends and I are starting a Blu-ray review site. I noticed that Mr. Tooze over at DVDBeaver has offered captures of Blu-ray titles. Could some explain how that’s done? We have an external BD drive and PowerDVD, but the capture option is disabled. Is there another program that you would recommend?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Thanks!

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
You could pause the film and use the "Print Scrn" key to place a copy of your desktop into the clipboard and then paste that image into Gimp/Photoshop/Paint/etc. That's the simplest workaround though I can't say how accurate that image will be to what is actually on the disc. But that's a whole other thread.

Pirate

Auditioning
Real Name
Josh
Yeah, that’s not really going to give us a real idea of the quality. There must be some sort of program that can do this. If you look at DVDBeaver as well as on AVS, several people have full size captures that they claim come from a BD drive.

Thanks, though.

Roger_R

Second Unit
Removing the copy protection and copying the movie to your computer, essentially turning it into a regular media file, should let you take screenshots. There are ways to do this, but I don't know if the mods will go nuts if I mention any names.

Again, Google is your friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks