Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

James Bond Blu ray Collection - Volumes 1 & 2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
211 replies to this topic

#201 of 212 OFFLINE   Ray H

Ray H

Producer

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted November 29 2008 - 12:39 PM

Thanks for the heads up on the price reduction. Yesterday I had debated whether I should just order the three Connerys for $29 or go for all six for $49. I ended up just going with the Connerys, but after hearing about the price reduction, I couldn't resist the other three for $10.
"Here's looking at you, kid."

#202 of 212 OFFLINE   Jeff Brooks

Jeff Brooks

Second Unit

• 256 posts
  • LocationSugar Hill GA USA

Posted November 29 2008 - 02:33 PM

Friggin great! I'm not that big on Bond, but at $6.66 each for Blu-ray, wow! Thanks for the heads-up! Did I see where someone said these might have movie cash for Quantum, too?

#203 of 212 OFFLINE   Carter of Mars

Carter of Mars

Stunt Coordinator

• 245 posts

Posted December 02 2008 - 09:16 PM

So has anyone else noticed that the 5.1 mix on Thunderball is different from the previous DVD UE release and is in fact much closer to the surround mix on the 1996 laser disc and later AC-3 LD and first DVD? The overly loud sound effects leading to the SPECTRE meeting room heard on the UE are gone and the correct music plays as Bond first sees Domino swimming underwater. The window boxing for the main titles is different on the Blu-ray vs. the UE and I noticed a lot of little hairs all over this transfer and I didn't even watch the whole movie.

Oh, and I paid $14.94 for these at Amazon with their current deal and a $25 gift certificate.

#204 of 212 OFFLINE   John_S

John_S

Stunt Coordinator

• 87 posts

Posted December 03 2008 - 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_S
I have a Samsung BD-P1500 player with the latest firmware 2.0 and purchased "From Russia With Love", "Live and Let Die", "Moonraker", and "For Your Eyes Only". All work fine except "For Your Eyes Only", which froze with a black screen at the point where the main menu loads.

I can confirm that the new Samsung BD-P1500 firmware 2.1 released this week now allows "For Your Eyes Only" to be played successfully.

#205 of 212 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,845 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted December 03 2008 - 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_S
I can confirm that the new Samsung BD-P1500 firmware 2.1 released this week now allows "For Your Eyes Only" to be played successfully.

Thanks for this information. I didn't even know there WAS a new firmware update.

#206 of 212 OFFLINE   Mark Hawley

Mark Hawley

Second Unit

• 418 posts

Posted December 03 2008 - 03:58 PM

Thanks alot for the headsup!

I've installed it and it seems to be working fine!

Now I can start my traditional Decemember Bond movie marathon!

#207 of 212 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,983 posts

Posted December 29 2008 - 07:16 AM

I'm obviously coming late to this part of the discussion, but I am appalled at the packaging for the Blu-Ray sets. It's some of the worst I have ever seen. Those hubs are terrible - one of my discs was off the hub and arrived scratched, while another hub fell off altogether! No photos from the movies? Movie posters? Lame, terrible packaging.

I'm generally very disappointed in all Blu-Ray packages. I hate that all movies look like they come in video game packages; I hate the lack of inserts or booklets or even readable text on the back. If this is the product studios want us to pay a premium for, they are going to have to do better.

I will say that the content of the Bond BDs are quite nice. Nice restoration job, especially for movies that are 45 years old.

#208 of 212 OFFLINE   ScottR

ScottR

Screenwriter

• 2,650 posts

Posted December 29 2008 - 08:10 AM

I have watched Dr. No and FRWL so far, and the films look and sound spectacular!!

#209 of 212 OFFLINE   MielR

MielR

Supporting Actor

• 990 posts

Posted January 28 2009 - 05:00 PM

Amazon has the next 3 Bond Blu-Ray steelbook editions up for pre-order now.

I've never seen the steelbook packaging- what is it exactly?
SAVE STAR WARS! BOYCOTT THE BLU-RAYS! "Like" us here:

http://www.facebook....ycotttheblurays

#210 of 212 OFFLINE   Paul Arnette

Paul Arnette

Screenwriter

• 2,616 posts

Posted January 29 2009 - 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MielR
I've never seen the steelbook packaging- what is it exactly?

Only the most over-hyped packaging ever. Oh, you wanted a description? Posted Image In all honesty, the name says it all. The case is a steel book as opposed to a plastic keepcase.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Universal Blu-ray Discs I will not be buying while they're offered only as Blu-ray + DVD 'flipper' discs:

The Jackal
, Out of Africa, and Traffic.

#211 of 212 OFFLINE   Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz

Producer

• 3,443 posts

Posted January 29 2009 - 12:30 PM

That case actually looks cool. To bad they didn't do the first group of Bond movies with that style case. It would be kinda nice to have all 20+ James Bond movie collection. I am however looking foward to owning every James Bond movie in HD. Especially since I only own 12 Bond movies in SD-DVD.

Supporter of 1080p & 4K video / Supporter of Lossless PCM, Dolby True HD and DTS HD Master Audio / Say No To MP3 & WMA / Say no to Bose

#212 of 212 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,279 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted January 29 2009 - 01:13 PM

the first batch were in stellbooks only at best buy
facebook.com/whotony

Forum Nav Content I Follow