What's new

James Bond Blu ray Collection - Volumes 1 & 2 (1 Viewer)

Carter of Mars

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Carter
The European DVDs didn't have the mono tracks either, but the DVDs in North America did. I'm hoping the North American Blu-rays do. That would be a deal breaker.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Well I just cancelled the 3-pack order for FRWL, Thunderball and FYEO and just opted for Russia and Thunderball for now.

I already pre-ordered the individual releases of Dr No and Live and Let Die. No interest in owning Die Another Day.

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will

That is truly FANTASTIC news! I was already looking forward to these, and now that it's obvious they've put real effort into them, I'm looking forward to them even more!

I don't see how slight gripes about the packaging can influence the decision to purchase this or not... Oh well. If it was up to me, I wouldn't have to purchase the Brosnans, but MGM/Fox have done it this way since '99, so I'm not expecting them to shift strategy now.

MattFini

Supporting Actor

I'm not speaking for everyone, but I just wanted to have the option to rearrange the discs into chronological order on my shelf. The lousy cardboard nonsense prevents this.

I'm still going to buy these sets - I held off on the UEs specifically so I could do so. But I'm going to have to print out custom covers for these Blus so I can display them the way I want to.

Probably sounds a bit silly, I suppose, but that's who I am.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
It doesn't matter how the discs are coded, since they're worldwide releases. It does beg the question as to why Fox coded a worldwide release in the first place, though...

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Fox has always been paranoid about coding and piracy which doesn't really answer your question as it pertains to worldwide releases.

Crawdaddy

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

Because its Fox and nothing else they do makes a whole lot of sense, so why should this? ;)

For those of you who are bummed about the packaging, but really hate paying north of $20 a disc for BDs, Circuit City has some $15 off $100 coupons floating around the 'net. I ordered five of the Bonds (holding off on Die Another Day for now), which were $21.99 each (less than Amazon) before the coupon and $18.99 shipped afterwards (which is $0.33 more per disc than Amazon six pack). I'll gladly pay $0.33 each for a proper BD case.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
I think I've spent more on James Bond movies than any other series.... Beta, VHS, laserdisc, DVD and now blu ray. I do hope that all corrections have been made for this release, even though some point in the future I'll probably buy these yet again... 1440p anyone?

John H Ross

Screenwriter

From what I've been reading, the errors affecting previous versions of these movies have been fixed - YAY.

The colour on Live And Let Die is fixed, the DTS cock-up during the motorboat sequence in Thunderball is fixed, and all the theatrical subtitles are in place!

I'm getting quite excited now.

Fingers tightly crossed that the mistakes on A View To A Kill (PQ), OHMSS (PQ/SQ) and Goldeneye (PQ) are fixed too! Sadly, it could be a while before we find out.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

I guess it all depends, but I would be willing to bet we see another six films released when Quantum of Solace hits home video, and another six or so next 4Q.

MattFini

Supporting Actor
The more I hear about these releases the more excited I am.

The box art is a total bummer, but it's really about the quality of the disc at the end of the day.

I'm with John here ... I've got my fingers crossed that all of the mistakes that hampered the UE set will be corrected here.

John H Ross

Screenwriter

As described over at Blu-ray.com:

It was the scene where Bond tries to pretend the motor on his boat is dead. In the original film mix, he starts pretending to try and start the boat, but really he's just turning the key on and off rapidly, making the motor turn over only briefly. He then makes his way to the back of the boat and unplugs the motor. After, when he tries to start it again, all he gets is a dry click from the key being turned. In the new DTS mix, the unplugged motor is still turning over.

This has now (apparently) been fixed! :)

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

I think that's a pretty safe bet especially given the Blu-ray release for QoS.

Anthony D

Grip

Does this mean that a Blu-Ray disc from Europe (if so coded) would play on a US Blu-Ray player without needing to convert to American standard (ie, PAL > NTSC)? Or do you still have to take into account the PAL>NTSC conversion?

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz

To my knowledge there is no more NTSC or PAL where Blu-ray is concerned. The only thing that might keep you from playing a disc is if it is region coded.

Anthony D

Grip
Thanks, Dave!

Has anyone seen the TV ads for these Blu-Ray sets? They're kinda neat!

Hope they make it to YouTube.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks