What's new

How to Use My Home Theater Rather then TV Sound (Laptop HDMI Connection To TV) (1 Viewer)

kenling

Auditioning
Real Name
Kenny Tan
Hi Gurus... I have some prob that have been bugging me for quite some time.

I just bought a New Sony Vaio FW with HDMI output.

I Want to connect it to my Plasma TV to watch movies.

My Hardware Specs.
Toshiba Plasma TV with only 1 HDMI port
Pioneer home Theater Sys with only 1 HDMI port.

Originally, the Home Theater ius connected to Plasma using HDMI so when i Watch DVD sound will come from Home Theater and Vid from TV.

Now Cause only have 1 HDMI port, so i connect it from my laptop to my Plasma Instead, So sound and vid all from Plasma.

I try to use Analog White and Red cable to connect from Plasma to Pioneer DVD player that controls the Home Theater, but sound sill come from TV.

So i straight output sound from my laptop to my Player.

The prob is this, when i'm not connected to TV using HDMI, sound come from Home Theater,

But once I connect HDMI from laptop to TV with the sound output of laptop to Home Theater, the sound will switch back to Plasma.

Anyway to get over this prob?

I want to connect my laptop (play blu ray movie), video on Plasma but audio from Home Theater...

Suggestions??

THanks...

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Turn down the volume on the TV and you won't hear any sound coming from the TV. Also, using analog audio cables to the HTiB, you at most will only get Dolby Pro Logic surround sound. To get full Dolby Digital or DTS surround sound, you will need to connect your laptop to the HTiB via a digital audio connection (optical or coax).

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks