What's new

The Real Ghostusters Release Date (1 Viewer)

TVAdam

Grip
Real Name
Adam
I got a message in the mail telling me that THE REAL GHOSTBUSTERS has been delayed. The estimated ship date is October 10, 2008. However, I thought it wasn't coming until November. So how is that a delay? Am I missing something, lol?

What's the word on the release date for THE REAL GHOSTBUSTERS?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
TL's customer service dept. has been a bit scatterbrained lately, it seems. They keep sending cards to people who pre-ordered the Real Ghostbusters DVD set, telling them to expect it in Sept or Oct, but the release date is (and always has been) November 15th. So no telling what's going on there right now!

They're also sending postcards telling people that Smothers Brothers is delayed, but I know a number of people have copies...notably my mother in law.

Gord and I keep discussing this with the guy at TL in charge of the video dept., and the confusion is driving him nuts...but he doesn't control the customer service guys, and he's not sure why this keeps happening. He's gonna go postal on them any moment now, I promise you!

Real Ghostbusters is really mid-November...no sooner. The packaging isn't even finished being produced yet!!!

TVAdam

Grip
Real Name
Adam
Okay. Thanks for clearing that up. I'm excited about this release.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

FrankPitt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Frank
I received a postcard from them just two days ago, which reads, in part:

"Unfortunately, we are still out of stock for the item(s) you ordered..."

I would imagine so. I've only ordered The Real Ghostbusters and it isn't expected for another couple of months.

"However, we can expect to ship your selection within 30 days..."

Really?

"Federal regulations prohibit us from holding this order any longer without your consent..."

Say what now?

"Therefore, unless we hear from you within 14 days, we'll have to cancel your order and issue a refund."

Considering I haven't been charged, I'll gladly take a refund. But seriously, they need to get their act together over there. This is my first time dealing with them, and it's been an all-around befuddling experience.

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
After this debacle, I'm starting to wonder if the Time Life Exclusive Rocky & Bullwinkle numbers were reported right.

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
For the love of Slimer, they just sent me another postcard with the...

"Unfortunately, we are still out of stock for the items(s) you ordered, however, we expect to ship your selection in 30 days. If you can wait a bit longer to receive your order, please contact our Customer Service Center as shown. Federal regulations prohibit us from holding this order any longer without your consent. Therefore, unless we hear from you with 14 days, we will have to cancel your order and issue a refund.

We hope to hear from you soon.

A. Davis
Customer Service"

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Wonderful, I got ANOTHER postcard from them today saying that they were going to cancel my order. Being the paranoid type, I contacted them - this is what they said back

Thank you for contacting Time Life.

We have noted your account that you would still like the collection.

We appreciate your interest in Time Life, and the opportunity to be of assistance.

Granted it's not much to work with, but nothing in that response says to me "Go ahead an ingore that card". Better safe than sorry, I always say.

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor

Does everyone see this? I called on October 20th, the day I posted it, and made sure to tell them that I still wanted the set. Tonight I received an email from TimeLife that they CANCELED my order. Tomorrow I'm going to have to call them up and straighten this all out.

::shakes head::

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor

I called today and thankfully they restored my order at the price I bought it at.

Hopefully everything ships out on November 25th and everything is clear sailing from here on out.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
I'm astounded at the level of incompitancy over at time life. This is the second time I've done business with them, and it's the second time they've screwed things up.

Ok, the first time was having an unsecure web page, so that when I pasted the URL to a forum for the deal I was cashing in on, EVERY single bit of personal information was on display to *EVERYONE* who clicked that link - so this time out isnt nearly as bad, but still - come on. If you cant hang onto pre-orders that long, then dont bloody well TAKE them as early as you did.

Idiots. I'm done with them after this.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I got mine today.

I've watched two episodes so far. Great presentation on what I've seen (which isn't much) but I was browsing through the booklet (which, again, is very well-done) and I hate to be the first person on the forum to report getting it only to post something negative but it mentions that "Deja Boo" features music substitution.

On one hand it sucks but on the other hand it's a clips show AND I can't find any reference online to what music was originally featured in the episode in the first place so it can't be that notable or objectionable.

cammy85

Auditioning
Real Name
Cam Farr
You GOT yours already, Bill? I thought they weren't shipping until today??

I think I can answer your question regarding Deja Boo. Since it aired in Season 5 they were using a slightly rockified Ghostbusters theme in the episodes so rather than play the older music for the clips they used the new music. This was probably put in the book so as not to confuse first-time viewers or something like that.

Kenneth V

Stunt Coordinator
I got mine today! Set looks great! I will definately be going into this set over the long Holiday weekend.

Also, to cammy85.....Mine shipped out on Nov 21. I think Time Life wanted to have people start getting them by the 25th. You might get yours tomorrow. I received an email saying it shipped yesterday, and received it today!

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member

No, what I think they mean is that the music in the clip show had the original music - the episodes where the clips were taken from - changed. Watching it and comparing it to my old barely watchable VHS copy, it sounds the same.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
am glad they gonna do a retail version in volumes, so that I actually get a chance to buy this show seeing as Timelife do not ship to the UK

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I'm also glad it'll be available via retail. As much as I want the big box, money's just way too tight around here for such a purchase. I'd rather go this route than not have it at all! Great news indeed.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Note that there is a bonus disc exclusive to the box set that has the pilot and extended interviews on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks