Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

McLintock

Robert Harris

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   L BENDER

L BENDER

Agent

• 45 posts

Posted September 04 2008 - 04:46 PM

I just finished watching this John Wayne film from 1963 and all I can say is that this is one of the best transfers I have ever seen. Colors and sharpness are outstanding. No restoration needed here.Also check out True Grit, another great transfer in the John Wayne collection.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Billy Batson

Billy Batson

Screenwriter

• 1,497 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted September 07 2008 - 11:48 PM

I have to echo that. This transfer looks perfection, every shot just as it should be. If only every film looked as good.

A lot of old Paramount films look so good, I don't think they get the praise they deserve.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

Studio Mogul

• 25,045 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted September 11 2008 - 09:45 PM

If I'm not mistaken, I thought McLintock was restored some years ago.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationCould be anywhere

Posted September 12 2008 - 12:10 AM

Do we need to rebuy True Grit?

FRom DVD Verdict: "Apparently a new transfer that was struck for this new release of True Grit, and not being too familiar with the source material, this 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen transfer looks more soft than anything else. The picture just doesn't stand out too much and there's not a lot of depth to it. " They don't compare the new with the old. Posted Image

From DVD Talk: " The True Grit: Special Collector's Edition sports an improved widescreen, enhanced for 16x9 TVs transfer, correcting the tendency to shift to red that occurs in the previous 2000 DVD release. Looking as if it was shot yesterday, grain is non-existent; overall, the True Grit: Special Collector's Edition is a big improvement over the previous DVD release." That's more like it. I'm in!
Silly Party Candidate: Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel