What's new

PHE Press Release: John Wayne 14-Movie Collection (DVD) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Own 14 of John Wayne’s Most Essential Films Together in One Collection for the First Time

JohnWayne_14MvClctn_DVD_2D.jpg

14-DVD Set Arrives May 11, 2021

Relive some of the greatest performances by legendary actor John Wayne with the JOHN WAYNE ESSENTIAL 14-MOVIE COLLECTION, arriving on DVD May 11, 2021 from Paramount Home Entertainment.

An American hero and icon, Wayne had an epic, 50-year film career in which he played the lead in over 140 films. He was nominated* for three Academy Awards®, winning the Best Actor award for his performance in True Grit.

Representing Paramount’s biggest John Wayne collection ever, this 14-movie set spans nearly 25 years of Wayne’s exceptional career and includes his only Oscar®-winning performance in True Grit and his final lead role in The Shootist. Encompassing epic stories of integrity and dramatic battles of will, these fan-favorites capture the virtue, courage, and humor of an American original.

The films in the DVD collection are:
· Hondo (1953)
· Island in the Sky (1953)
· The High and the Mighty (1954)
· The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance (1962)
· Hatari! (1962)
· Donovan’s Reef (1963)
· McLintock! (1963)
· In Harm’s Way (1965)
· The Sons of Katie Elder (1965)
· El Dorado (1966)
· True Grit (1969)
· Rio Lobo (1970)
· Big Jake (1971)
· The Shootist (1976)

# # #

About Paramount Home Entertainment
Paramount Home Entertainment (PHE) is part of Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment. PPC is a unit of ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA), a leading content company with prominent and respected film, television and digital entertainment brands. The PHE division oversees PPC’s home entertainment and transactional digital distribution activities worldwide. The division is responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of home entertainment content on behalf of Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, Paramount Television Studios, Paramount Players, MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central and CBS and applicable licensing and servicing of certain DreamWorks Animation titles. PHE additionally manages global licensing of studio content and transactional distribution across worldwide digital distribution platforms including online, mobile and portable devices and emerging technologies.

TRUE GRIT U.S. Rating: G
RIO LOBO U.S. Rating: G
BIG JAKE U.S. Rating: PG-13 for Western violence
THE SHOOTIST U.S. Rating: PG

*1949, Best Actor in a Leading Role, Sands of Iwo Jima; 1960, Best Picture, The Alamo (Wayne served as a producer); 1969, Best Actor in a Leading Role, True Grit

“ACADEMY AWARD®” and “OSCAR®” are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.

Endorsement Guidelines: Paramount Pictures Corporation and Paramount Home Entertainment (collectively “Paramount”) are not requesting or requiring any online or social media coverage, publication, or posting (i) in connection with this press release or (ii) in exchange for any products, materials, services, or any other benefit provided to recipient (“Recipient”) by Paramount in connection herewith. Recipient agrees that any social media posts or public statements made by Recipient in connection with this press release, any products, materials, services, or benefit provided to Recipient by Paramount will comply with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, guidelines, and/or policies (collectively, the “Laws”), including, without limitation, those concerning endorsements and testimonials in advertising in the territory(ies) in which Recipient resides and/or in which Recipient’s posts will be featured (for example, in the United States: Federal Trade Commission (“FTC”) endorsement disclosure guidelines, FTC FAQs, and “Disclosures 101 for Social Media Influencers,” all available at https://www.ftc.gov/influencers)). To the extent required by any Laws, Recipient shall include an accurate, clear, and conspicuous disclosure of any relationship between Recipient and Paramount in language that is easy to understand and in a noticeable manner.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I have to agree that this set should have been on BD. Still missing on BD in Region "A" are the following titles in this set:

1. Island in the Sky (1953)
  2. The High and the Mighty (1954)
  3. Donovan’s Reef (1963)
  4. In Harm’s Way (1965)
  5. The Shootist (1976)

There has been major complaints about Hatari needing a new BD release because the prior BD had a poor video presentation. I have the five above titles digitally in HD, but I prefer to own them on Region "A" BD too. I do have the German BD of The Shootist.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I have to agree that this set should have been on BD. Still missing on BD in Region "A" are the following titles in this set:

1. Island in the Sky (1953)
  2. The High and the Mighty (1954)
  3. Donovan’s Reef (1963)
  4. In Harm’s Way (1965)
  5. The Shootist (1976)

There has been major complaints about Hatari needing a new BD release because the prior BD had a poor video presentation. I have the five above titles digitally in HD, but I prefer to own them on Region "A" BD too. I do have the German BD of The Shootist.
Finally Paramount is releasing "In Harm's Way" on Blu-ray. The release date is June 29th.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks