-

Photo
- - - - -

WOW!! Simpsons Vol 11 and Three Stooges Vol 4 on Oct 7

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Scott Thomas

Scott Thomas

Second Unit

• 276 posts

Posted September 03 2008 - 01:32 AM

Checking up on future release:

Three Stooges Volume 4:
Amazon.com: The Three Stooges Collection, Vol. 4: 1943-1945: Three Stooges: Movies & TV

Simpsons Volume 11 (with Krusty the Clown):
Amazon.com: The Simpsons - The Complete Eleventh Season: Dan Castellaneta, Matt Groening, 20th Century Fox: Movies & TV

Both will be released on Oct 7, I'll make sure to get a special day off that day Posted Image

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Joe*A

Joe*A

Stunt Coordinator

• 186 posts

Posted September 03 2008 - 05:51 AM

Thanks Scott - didn't realize Volume 4 of the Stooges was out so soon after Volume 3. And the price is right on Amazon.ca.

I'm going to wait for Season 11 of Simpsons for the price to drop down to the low $20's like all the other season do a few short months after release. The release date price points I find with a lot of DVDs are outrageous.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Jonathan_Clarke

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit

• 485 posts

Posted September 03 2008 - 09:26 AM

About time for Simpsons season 11. It's been almost a year since the movie was released and way over a year since season 10!
www.notinmybook.comWhere I can complain and complain and complain.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Ockeghem

Ockeghem

Lead Actor

• 9,277 posts

Posted September 03 2008 - 10:51 AM

Scott,

Thanks for the link. Some of the comments on The Three Stooges (particulary Curly's declining years and the direction the team went around the time of the shorts included on that volume and on volume 5) were very interesting. I had no idea that the Stooges were (script-wise) often pitten against one another in some of the later shorts.

While watching the first ten or so shorts included on vol. 3, I'm struck by the wonderful news that I haven't seen all of them--ever. Seeing some of the shorts for the very first time is great stuff, kind of like finding a buried treasure of sorts. And it's also gratifying to see how much our children love these films. They ask to see them every night. Posted Image