Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Multiple HDMI outputs

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   kd7gvd

kd7gvd

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted August 11 2008 - 10:48 AM

Ok everyone first off thanks for all the great information that is on here I have really learned alot.

My question, I have a 42" Plasma and a projection system that is hooked up to a Yamaha A/V receiver. I want to be able to switch between either the plasma or the projection system without having to physically move the HDMI cable to the correct wall outlet. I have tried to put an HDMI splitter but it doesn't seem to work with the projector, the projector has a 35' HDMI cable from the AV receiver to the projector. Do I need to get a powered splitter so that it does work? Do they make such a beast? Any help you all can give me I really appreciate it.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,160 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted August 12 2008 - 12:33 AM

Check out Monoprice. I think a 4x2 matrix box would work. It is sort of overkill but it should work.

-Robert

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   BigFoot

BigFoot

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted July 30 2010 - 09:06 AM

This thread has a list of inexpensive receivers with 2 HDMI out. http://www.avsforum....d.php?t=1256280

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   bigshot

bigshot

Screenwriter

• 1,262 posts

Posted August 13 2010 - 10:11 AM

Make sure if you buy a HDMI switcher that you can return it if it doesn't work. I have no idea why, but the switcher I got for my home theater did not play well with my bluray player. The only way I could get it to work was to switch the bluray to 1080i, but for some strange unknown reason, it kept reverting back to auto every couple of days. I got tired of unplugging and resetting, so I ended up having to get a different bluray player and it works fine now. HDMI can be a hoodoo sometimes.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   sunpay12

sunpay12

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted August 21 2010 - 06:14 AM

hi

iam new here

Cash Advance

Online Cash Advance