Multiple HDMI outputs

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by kd7gvd, Aug 11, 2008.

1. kd7gvd

kd7gvd Auditioning

Ok everyone first off thanks for all the great information that is on here I have really learned alot.

My question, I have a 42" Plasma and a projection system that is hooked up to a Yamaha A/V receiver. I want to be able to switch between either the plasma or the projection system without having to physically move the HDMI cable to the correct wall outlet. I have tried to put an HDMI splitter but it doesn't seem to work with the projector, the projector has a 35' HDMI cable from the AV receiver to the projector. Do I need to get a powered splitter so that it does work? Do they make such a beast? Any help you all can give me I really appreciate it.

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    Check out Monoprice. I think a 4x2 matrix box would work. It is sort of overkill but it should work.

-Robert

3. BigFoot

BigFoot Auditioning

4. bigshot

bigshot Cinematographer

Stephen
    Make sure if you buy a HDMI switcher that you can return it if it doesn't work. I have no idea why, but the switcher I got for my home theater did not play well with my bluray player. The only way I could get it to work was to switch the bluray to 1080i, but for some strange unknown reason, it kept reverting back to auto every couple of days. I got tired of unplugging and resetting, so I ended up having to get a different bluray player and it works fine now. HDMI can be a hoodoo sometimes.

5. sunpay12

sunpay12 Auditioning

hi

iam new here

[url=