Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

More Hanna-Barbera Cartoons. Any Hope?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 of 20 OFFLINE   Brian Himes

Brian Himes

Screenwriter

• 1,137 posts

Posted July 03 2008 - 08:25 AM

Is there any hope that we might get more Hanna-Barbera stuff on DVD? I'm mainly interested in the 70s stuff like Help! It's The Hair Bear Bunch, Mumbly, The Herculoids, Super Friends (the first season from '73) and Josie and the Pussycats In Outer Space. I can do without Jabberjaw, Goober and the Ghost Chasers and Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels and so many others that are too numerous to mention.

It just seems like after finishing The Flintstones there hasn't been any news anywhere on the rest of the Hanna-Barbera catalog. I know the music issues with Quick Draw McGraw and the issues with The Banana Splits, but there are many, many more cartoons that could be released.

I hope that Warner hasn't totally given up on this stuff.

#2 of 20 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted July 03 2008 - 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Himes
I can do without...Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels...

I can't! Posted Image
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#3 of 20 OFFLINE   Corey3rd

Corey3rd

Screenwriter

• 1,721 posts

Posted July 03 2008 - 01:22 PM

They just put out the Richie Rich - Scooby Doo Show set.
come see the reviews at
http://thedvdlounge.com/

and the Seinfeld Tour Bus

#4 of 20 OFFLINE   Will_C

Will_C

Second Unit

• 271 posts

Posted July 04 2008 - 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lambert
I can't! Posted Image

Me either! I can't see how someone couldn't like a little furball with a club and a big nose surrounded by a group of cute teenage girls! Posted Image
Rick Hunter
USMC Force Recon Scout Sniper
"If you run, you'll only die tired."

#5 of 20 OFFLINE   chadHobbick

chadHobbick

Stunt Coordinator

• 141 posts

Posted July 04 2008 - 05:54 AM

I'm curious here, it seems they are only releasing Flintstone's and Scooby-Doo related series, other than some pop-culture here and there, Josie and the Pussycats anyone? Add in some Smurfs and any DCSH vehicles and that's it. With the former, they are running out of material, what's left for the Flintstones other than the Flintstones kids and the tv-movies plus a few shows from the hour long series they had going, and w/Scooby the crappier series are left, leaving out a Pup which is awesome.

I'm sorry, but I want the rest of the Jetsons and Huckleberry, they need to just bite the bullet and get the more popular series out there.

#6 of 20 OFFLINE   Will_C

Will_C

Second Unit

• 271 posts

Posted July 04 2008 - 06:35 AM

I don't consider Scooby's All Star Laff-a-lympics to be a crappier series. And I don't think I'm the only one who feels that way.
Rick Hunter
USMC Force Recon Scout Sniper
"If you run, you'll only die tired."

#7 of 20 OFFLINE   Travis87

Travis87

Stunt Coordinator

• 60 posts

Posted July 04 2008 - 10:45 AM

i think it's pretty safe to say they'll finish the full run of super friends eventually. i'd really like to see them release the Herculoids and the Mighty Mightor.

#8 of 20 OFFLINE   chadHobbick

chadHobbick

Stunt Coordinator

• 141 posts

Posted July 04 2008 - 04:32 PM

The crappier Scooby series I mean is the ones w/Scrappy involved and the ones minus any combo of Fred/Velma/Daphne.

#9 of 20 OFFLINE   MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti

Producer

• 4,796 posts

Posted July 04 2008 - 11:00 PM

I just want QUICK DRAW MCGRAW and THE BANANA SPLITS ADVENTURE HOUR!!!

#10 of 20 OFFLINE   Regulus

Regulus

Screenwriter

• 2,285 posts

Posted July 05 2008 - 01:58 AM

I'd like to see The Herculoids, Mighty Mightor, The Adventures of Huck Finn and The Adventures of Gulliver brought out on DVD.Posted Image

DVD Collection Inventory: TV Episodes - 36,417 :biggrin: ( 757 Series ) :biggrin: Movies - 2,424  :biggrin: Serial Chapters - 1,201 :B)

#11 of 20 OFFLINE   Ockeghem

Ockeghem

Lead Actor

• 9,420 posts

Posted July 05 2008 - 07:32 AM

We own the entire The Herculoids. I hope the eventual release of the show contains all of the episodes, and not just the first season (or series, as it is sometimes called). It's great to have both theme songs, too. Posted Image

#12 of 20 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,394 posts

Posted July 07 2008 - 04:11 AM

I want everything Regulus listed above; as well as Shazzan, Grape Ape, Jabberjaw and anything else they can deliver. Banana Splits is HIGH on my list; I hope they can work out whatever problems they had with it.

#13 of 20 OFFLINE   Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,477 posts

Posted July 07 2008 - 05:21 AM

Add me to the list that wants everything listed in this thread too. So hurry up with more H-B Warners.
...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

Top 20 Films

#14 of 20 OFFLINE   Brian Himes

Brian Himes

Screenwriter

• 1,137 posts

Posted July 07 2008 - 06:33 AM

The reason I asked this is because I've started to collect 70s Saturday Morning cartoons (not including the Krofft stuf which I already have). I noticed that there has been a big drop in the number of 70s primetime shows being released that I want so I've switched to the Saturday Morning stuff. I plan on getting all of the Scooby stuff already available. I just got Scooby seasons 1 & 2 and Josie and the Pussycats. There are a few others that I plan on getting. I will definatley get all of the Scooby stuff up to (and maybe including) the final Scooby series of the 70s with Scrappy. While I didn't care for it, I did watch it for a few episodes before I got bored with it.

The big ones on my want list (that haven't been released) are, Help! It's The Hair Bear Bunch, Speed Buggy, Josie and the Pussycats In Outer Space, The final Scooby episodes and The Banana Splits. Even as a kid I didn't like Jabberjaw or Captain Caveman so I know that those are ones that I won't pick up.

The Hurculoids are a must have. I loved those.

#15 of 20 OFFLINE   Mark Y

Mark Y

Supporting Actor

• 579 posts

Posted July 07 2008 - 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan Riley
I want everything Regulus listed above; as well as Shazzan, Grape Ape, Jabberjaw and anything else they can deliver. Banana Splits is HIGH on my list; I hope they can work out whatever problems they had with it.

I want the Splits too...even if they have to master them from 16mm...

The 1972 one-shot The Banana Splits In Hocus Pocus Park is in good shape...WB ought to put that out, and throw in a bunch of Season 2 segments as extras. Or maybe a box set of one-shot Hanna-Barbera stuff, like Jack & The Beanstalk, Alice In Wonderland, etc.

#16 of 20 OFFLINE   Kris_AB

Kris_AB

Stunt Coordinator

• 77 posts

Posted July 07 2008 - 07:56 AM

Anyone else remember Galtar and the Golden Lance from the `80s ? Heh, that's all that I can remember that I really want from Hanna-Barbera. But then I'm a sucker for straight-up action-adventure/fantasy/sci-fi cartoons and will pretty much buy most of 'em eventually.

#17 of 20 OFFLINE   heathjack

heathjack

Stunt Coordinator

• 112 posts

Posted July 07 2008 - 01:16 PM

does any one know if their coming out with more of the jetsons?

#18 of 20 OFFLINE   Mike*HTF

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor

• 872 posts

Posted July 07 2008 - 05:14 PM

I thought I read somewhere that Frankenstein Jr. & the Impossibles was slated for release.

It doesn't seem to be released - was I only imagining this?

#19 of 20 OFFLINE   Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,477 posts

Posted July 08 2008 - 01:55 AM

It was listed as a possible release last year on TVSHOWSONDVD as well as a couple other titles which I forgot but obviously nothing has happened yet.
...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

Top 20 Films

#20 of 20 OFFLINE   MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti

Producer

• 4,796 posts

Posted July 08 2008 - 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathjack
does any one know if their coming out with more of the jetsons?

Everything produced has been released except for the crappy 80s series.

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow