What's new

More Hanna-Barbera Cartoons. Any Hope? (1 Viewer)

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Is there any hope that we might get more Hanna-Barbera stuff on DVD? I'm mainly interested in the 70s stuff like Help! It's The Hair Bear Bunch, Mumbly, The Herculoids, Super Friends (the first season from '73) and Josie and the Pussycats In Outer Space. I can do without Jabberjaw, Goober and the Ghost Chasers and Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels and so many others that are too numerous to mention.

It just seems like after finishing The Flintstones there hasn't been any news anywhere on the rest of the Hanna-Barbera catalog. I know the music issues with Quick Draw McGraw and the issues with The Banana Splits, but there are many, many more cartoons that could be released.

I hope that Warner hasn't totally given up on this stuff.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

I can't!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will

Me either! I can't see how someone couldn't like a little furball with a club and a big nose surrounded by a group of cute teenage girls! :D

chadHobbick

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad
I'm curious here, it seems they are only releasing Flintstone's and Scooby-Doo related series, other than some pop-culture here and there, Josie and the Pussycats anyone? Add in some Smurfs and any DCSH vehicles and that's it. With the former, they are running out of material, what's left for the Flintstones other than the Flintstones kids and the tv-movies plus a few shows from the hour long series they had going, and w/Scooby the crappier series are left, leaving out a Pup which is awesome.

I'm sorry, but I want the rest of the Jetsons and Huckleberry, they need to just bite the bullet and get the more popular series out there.

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
I don't consider Scooby's All Star Laff-a-lympics to be a crappier series. And I don't think I'm the only one who feels that way.

Travis87

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Travis
i think it's pretty safe to say they'll finish the full run of super friends eventually. i'd really like to see them release the Herculoids and the Mighty Mightor.

chadHobbick

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad
The crappier Scooby series I mean is the ones w/Scrappy involved and the ones minus any combo of Fred/Velma/Daphne.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I'd like to see The Herculoids, Mighty Mightor, The Adventures of Huck Finn and The Adventures of Gulliver brought out on DVD.:)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
We own the entire The Herculoids. I hope the eventual release of the show contains all of the episodes, and not just the first season (or series, as it is sometimes called). It's great to have both theme songs, too. :emoji_thumbsup:

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I want everything Regulus listed above; as well as Shazzan, Grape Ape, Jabberjaw and anything else they can deliver. Banana Splits is HIGH on my list; I hope they can work out whatever problems they had with it.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
The reason I asked this is because I've started to collect 70s Saturday Morning cartoons (not including the Krofft stuf which I already have). I noticed that there has been a big drop in the number of 70s primetime shows being released that I want so I've switched to the Saturday Morning stuff. I plan on getting all of the Scooby stuff already available. I just got Scooby seasons 1 & 2 and Josie and the Pussycats. There are a few others that I plan on getting. I will definatley get all of the Scooby stuff up to (and maybe including) the final Scooby series of the 70s with Scrappy. While I didn't care for it, I did watch it for a few episodes before I got bored with it.

The big ones on my want list (that haven't been released) are, Help! It's The Hair Bear Bunch, Speed Buggy, Josie and the Pussycats In Outer Space, The final Scooby episodes and The Banana Splits. Even as a kid I didn't like Jabberjaw or Captain Caveman so I know that those are ones that I won't pick up.

The Hurculoids are a must have. I loved those.

Mark Y

Screenwriter

I want the Splits too...even if they have to master them from 16mm...

The 1972 one-shot The Banana Splits In Hocus Pocus Park is in good shape...WB ought to put that out, and throw in a bunch of Season 2 segments as extras. Or maybe a box set of one-shot Hanna-Barbera stuff, like Jack & The Beanstalk, Alice In Wonderland, etc.

Kris_AB

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kris
Anyone else remember Galtar and the Golden Lance from the `80s ? Heh, that's all that I can remember that I really want from Hanna-Barbera. But then I'm a sucker for straight-up action-adventure/fantasy/sci-fi cartoons and will pretty much buy most of 'em eventually.

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
I thought I read somewhere that Frankenstein Jr. & the Impossibles was slated for release.

It doesn't seem to be released - was I only imagining this?

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
It was listed as a possible release last year on TVSHOWSONDVD as well as a couple other titles which I forgot but obviously nothing has happened yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks