What's new

LESSER KNOWN HANNA BARBERA CARTOONS ON DVD? (1 Viewer)

Sonic Knight

Auditioning
Real Name
Eden Wong
I had only watched a small part of these cartoons when they were on TV but I could feel that they are very wonderful programs. I missed out most of them. The first two were from Hanna Barbera while the other was from Ruby-Spears. Is Warner Video able to release complete series sets on demand?

1. Pound Puppies (1986), All-New Pound Puppies and season sets of Pound Puppies (2010)
2. The Further Adventures of Superted
3. Heathcliff and Marmaduke

I just listed a few important titles. There are many others that need to be on DVD too.
For those shows that are not on DVD and if fans desperately want to watch them in clear quality at the size of the TV screen, are there any solutions?

I don't know how youtube video will appear on a big TV screen but the quality is usually lesser for older programs.

Is there a personal purchase service for overseas enthusiasts who want them?

JonSea31

Auditioning
Real Name
Jonathan
I would love to see a DVD set of "The Little Rascals" 1982-84 cartoon spinoff. But sadly, Warner Archive confirmed on Facebook in April 2016 that the series is not cleared for home video distribution. I also wouldn't mind seeing a DVD release of "Pink Panther & Sons" too, but considering that 21 out of 26 eleven-minute segments are available online - for free - there are likely no plans for a DVD release for that series.

"Popeye and Son" likely won't get released to DVD, and it makes sense, since all 13 of the episodes has (been) available for free viewing on Amazon

However, one cartoon series I am surprised never got released to DVD yet is "Trollkins". Maybe it is due to clearance issues involving the company that created troll dolls, and that company wanted to be paid a lot more money for usage of such creation in cartoon format.

Has "The Kwicky Koala Show" ever been released to DVD yet? And I thought "Heathcliff and Marmaduke" was a Ruby-Spears production?

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I would love to see a DVD set of "The Little Rascals" 1982-84 cartoon spinoff. But sadly, Warner Archive confirmed on Facebook in April 2016 that the series is not cleared for home video distribution. I also wouldn't mind seeing a DVD release of "Pink Panther & Sons" too, but considering that 21 out of 26 eleven-minute segments are available online - for free - there are likely no plans for a DVD release for that series.

"Popeye and Son" likely won't get released to DVD, and it makes sense, since all 13 of the episodes has (been) available for free viewing on Amazon

However, one cartoon series I am surprised never got released to DVD yet is "Trollkins". Maybe it is due to clearance issues involving the company that created troll dolls, and that company wanted to be paid a lot more money for usage of such creation in cartoon format.

Has "The Kwicky Koala Show" ever been released to DVD yet? And I thought "Heathcliff and Marmaduke" was a Ruby-Spears production?
The Kwicky Koala Show was released on DVD by Warner Archive around 4 years ago.

Mark Y

Screenwriter

"Heathcliff And Marmaduke" is Ruby-Spears, but as the studio was pretty much a "spinoff" from H-B with overlapping personnel, and a good chunk of the libraries of both studios are under joint ownership, it doesn't bother me to see them lumped together.

I am somewhat surprised that "Heathcliff And Marmaduke" hasn't made it out on DVD following "Heathcliff And Dingbat" -- it's essentially the second season of the show with all new episodes. I wonder if there could be a rights issue with Marmaduke?

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
I pretty much have everything I'm interested in regarding Hanna Barbera cartoons aside from one series, These Are The Days. As far as I know, it hasn't been released yet on DVD. It's the only HB series that's still on my want list.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks