Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Lego Indy Jones - reviews for/from parents?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Matt Lucas

Matt Lucas

Stunt Coordinator

• 160 posts

Posted June 07 2008 - 04:25 AM

Hello all---

To anyone who's played or purchased the new LEGO Indiana Jones game, could you offer some advice to parents of small children? I noticed that, like the second LEGO Star Wars game, the IJ one is rated E10+.

What elements of the IJ game would you consider to be inappropriate for kids under 10? I assume that it might be something involving the melting faces at the end of the Raiders section, or, more likely, something to do with the Temple of Doom section, since that film includes many dark, intense scenes that aren't appropriate for little kids.

If you don't have any advice to offer, could you share a link or two that might provide some information?

The bottom line is that I'm considering getting the Wii version, but I want to make sure it's okay for my 8-year-old and, to a lesser degree, my 5-year-old.

Thanks,
mattl

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   nolesrule

nolesrule

Producer

• 3,084 posts
  • LocationClearwater, FL

Posted June 07 2008 - 07:57 AM

Wish I could help you out with your questions. I do know that a friend of mine has 8 and 6 year old kids and they loved the Lego SW games and were planning to get IJ this weekend for them.

I'm thinking that it's just the people giving out the ratings just being overly cautious because the Lego enemies get "killed". I have the Lego SW and would have no problem letting my daughter play it if she was old enough for video games (she's 16 months old).

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   BrianB

BrianB

Producer

• 5,211 posts

Posted June 07 2008 - 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Lucas
Hello all---

If you don't have any advice to offer, could you share a link or two that might provide some information?

I haven't played it yet, Matt, but my favourite site for reviewing games for parents is WhatTheyPlay, and here's what they have to say about it.

Quote:
As with the Lego Star Wars games released previously, this is aimed squarely at the younger set, and this is reflected in the game’s “E10+” rating from the ESRB, which is accompanied by a single content descriptor of “Cartoon Violence.” As in the movies, there is a fair amount of combat in the game, much of which involves Indy fighting bad guys with his fists, and his trusty whip. He occasionally gets his hands on a gun, but this is usually only for a couple of shots, and because of the underlying Lego theme, there is no blood or gore. When bad guys are defeated, they simply fall apart into their constituent Lego pieces and disappear. Of note is the fact that all of the Nazi-themed, and occult imagery from the movies has been removed from the game experience. Bad guys are mostly just dressed in black, and there is no dialogue in the game.

high resolution ipod featuring dlp hd programming is the best, almost as good as playstation 2 with wega windows media on a super cd! ps2 and tivo do dolby tv with broadband hdtv!

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,335 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted June 08 2008 - 05:53 AM

Only speaking about the Star Wars Lego games, I can say that even Luke getting his hand chopped off was played for a joke rather than serious or scary and I'd be surprised if Indy was any different.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   JohnS

JohnS

Producer

• 4,605 posts

Posted June 08 2008 - 11:26 PM

I have Lego Indy Jones.
I've played Raiders of the Lost Ark and Temple of Doom

and all of the heart ripping, face melting and bug eating is not even there.
It's all done in a comical sense.

Like with the face melting, the lego guys just falls apart.
The bug eating is just a bug attaching itself to the face of a lego guy and then chasing him around the room.

There's also lots of cameo appearances my Star Wars characters.

A great game.
The whole soundtrack is present while playing every level.

I'm enjoying it very much!!

all-banner.jpg

Forum Nav Content I Follow