What's new

Looking at purchasing fronts and center (1 Viewer)

dmansr25sd

Auditioning
Real Name
Demetri Karanikos
Hey everybody i am looking on purchasing two floorstanding front speakers and a matching center for my home theater. I have a 10inch JBL venue series sub and figured i would continue with the venue series speakers because they are exactly within my tight budget.
I was planning to buy the 3way arena floor speakers with a 6inch woofer along with the voice center channel. My question is should i go with the stadium floor speakers that have dual 8inch woofers instead and should i look into a different center?
I am a college student and as such this will be used primarily in smaller rooms, i use it for 90% movies, 10%music, but i want something that i can keep once i am out of college. Also i am not sure that having the sub will adequately cover the low end that the 8inchs would otherwise cross into.

Budget is tight but i want something worthwhile

aht3

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Taylor
I would go with the 8" driver if you can. On another note, why not check the auctions and consider piecing together a Studio L system. If you want to go with 6", take a look athe L880 and match it with an LC2. I like the LC1 however if youget the 880 and the LC2, you will have all identical drivers across the front. Plus, these are speaker that you can keep for a while if you tke care of them. Back to the other speakers, if you get the stadiums, consider the LC1. You might also want to check the JBL owners thread on AVS. They can help you better.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks