-

Photo

"Student Bodies" DVD coming June 3?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Michael Allred

Michael Allred

Screenwriter

• 1,718 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted March 16 2008 - 10:00 AM

Quote:
From Movies Unlimited:

Now Accepting Advance Orders! - Available on 06/03/08
Scarier than "Porky's!" Funnier than "Friday the 13th!" You've never seen such wacky, bloody, zany, spooky fun as when a typical suburban high school becomes the stalking ground of the murderous "Breather" in this horror/comedy that blends the beloved 1980s genres of teen exploitation romp and slasher flick. Kristin Riter, Joe Flood and Richard Belzer (as Richard Brando) star. 86 min. Widescreen; Soundtrack: English.
Category: Comedy
Format: DVD (Widescreen) - ColorRated: RCatalog #: D54237

THEY’LL BE COMIN’ AROUND THE MOUNTAIN: We have to applaud Paramount, long one of the most disappointing major companies when it comes to opening their vault of catalog titles. Sure, they’ve had some winners: the John Wayne portfolio, Reds, foreign classics like 1900 and The Conformist, the Martin and Lewis sets, and Once Upon A Time In The West. Still, there’re so many appealing things in their library that have never seen the light of day on DVD, so that the company never ceased to confound film fans. However, they’ve now licensed a plethora of titles to another manufacturer, and movie buffs should be quite happy. It’s an eclectic mix of recent past and vintage, most never on DVD before (and some never on VHS, either!) and while there are no true extras, they will be issued in the proper ratio with good quality transfers.

I find this dubious to say the least. Of course if anyone can confirm Paramount is releasing this or has licensed it out to Anchor Bay, feel free to post.

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Joe:C

Joe:C

Second Unit

• 494 posts

Posted March 16 2008 - 01:09 PM

I don't see it on DDD or Amazon, but I hope it's true!

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Rob Brown

Rob Brown

Agent

• 28 posts

Posted March 20 2008 - 05:12 PM

Apparently, Legend Films (the colorization folks) has sublicensed a batch a films (including STUDENT BODIES, THE SKULL, THE SENDER, HOUDINI, KING OF THE GYPSIES, and lots more) from Paramount. The Legend Films website lists April 1st as the release date, but DVD Drive-In reports that the films will be available from your favorite retailer in June or July.

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty

Screenwriter

• 2,111 posts

Posted March 21 2008 - 06:36 AM

I have a really bad feeling about this-- crappy full-frame trailers that match the cheapo covers. Which. in the case of PHASE IV, would really be a shame.

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   George Reis

George Reis

Stunt Coordinator

• 59 posts

Posted March 21 2008 - 07:33 AM

As far as I know, all of them will be widescreen. PHASE IV will be 1.78:1.

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   Michael Allred

Michael Allred

Screenwriter

• 1,718 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted March 21 2008 - 07:43 AM

Never heard of Legend films.......are their DVDs any good or do we have reason to worry?

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty

Screenwriter

• 2,111 posts

Posted March 21 2008 - 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Reis
As far as I know, all of them will be widescreen. PHASE IV will be 1.78:1.

Thanks George. I was hoping that, with their side-deal with Paramount (ROBINSON CRUSOE ON MARS, DAYS OF HEAVEN, etc.), Criterion would have picked that one up.

I'll be getting it for sure.

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   WadeM

WadeM

Supporting Actor

• 894 posts

Posted March 22 2008 - 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Allred
Never heard of Legend films.......are their DVDs any good or do we have reason to worry?

I really don't think there's anything to worry about. Fox and Paramount have used them before for their Shirley Temple collections, It's A Wonderful Life, and others.

Forum Nav Content I Follow