Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

all in the family seasons 7-9

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#181 of 182 OFFLINE   Ockeghem

• 9,420 posts

Posted February 16 2013 - 01:30 AM

Lee, I own the first seven seasons of All In the Family. It's among my all-time favorite television shows. The four regulars were outstanding, and several of the 'non-regulars' were very good as well. Several episodes from the show made me laugh and cry, and the writing was for me quite provocative. Perhaps I'll strike up an in-depth conversation with you about the series sometime, when I'm not too lost in the Trek universe. ;)

#182 of 182 OFFLINE   FanCollector

• 4,677 posts

Posted February 16 2013 - 02:20 AM

Scott, "I would appreciate such a talk. It is an interest of mine." I agree about the casting. Some great actors stepped across that living room, including Jack Gilford, Cleavon Little, Eugene Roche, William Windom and many others. The writing was always memorable and worked on so many levels. One of the most impressive aspects of it for me was how it showed such range for the writers. These weren't kids, and they came from a very different tradition of television writing. It took vision to invite people who wrote for Caesar, Hope, Benny, and Lucy to write about the issues and characters in All in the Family, and it's a great reminder that talent doesn't exist within strict stylistic borders.

#183 of 182 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Lead Actor

• 6,657 posts
  • LocationCould be anywhere

Posted February 16 2013 - 04:20 AM

I thought that Christmas show was a highlight of the ninth year. (And typical of the Bunkers' awful Christmas luck!) Sally Struthers in particular rose to the occasion and won a well-deserved Emmy for it.
I never thought of that, but they do seem to have the worst time at Christmas. Struthers was excellent. And I had no idea she won an emmy. Yep, well deserved...
Silly Party Candidate: Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users