all in the family seasons 7-9

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Richard Ringenbach, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Ockeghem

Ockeghem Ockeghem

Scott D. Atwell
    Lee, I own the first seven seasons of All In the Family. It's among my all-time favorite television shows. The four regulars were outstanding, and several of the 'non-regulars' were very good as well. Several episodes from the show made me laugh and cry, and the writing was for me quite provocative. Perhaps I'll strike up an in-depth conversation with you about the series sometime, when I'm not too lost in the Trek universe. ;)

2. FanCollector

FanCollector Producer

Lee
    Scott, "I would appreciate such a talk. It is an interest of mine." I agree about the casting. Some great actors stepped across that living room, including Jack Gilford, Cleavon Little, Eugene Roche, William Windom and many others. The writing was always memorable and worked on so many levels. One of the most impressive aspects of it for me was how it showed such range for the writers. These weren't kids, and they came from a very different tradition of television writing. It took vision to invite people who wrote for Caesar, Hope, Benny, and Lucy to write about the issues and characters in All in the Family, and it's a great reminder that talent doesn't exist within strict stylistic borders.

3. Radioman970

Radioman970 Lead Actor

James Perry
    I never thought of that, but they do seem to have the worst time at Christmas. Struthers was excellent. And I had no idea she won an emmy. Yep, well deserved...