What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Issues with 3:10 to Yuma?? (1 Viewer)

froggi3

Grip
Real Name
Fred
Anyone having any technical issues with 3:10 to Yuma? My BDP1200 will not play my blu ray copy, I get a "loading" icon, one with gears and it stays on the screen. I have the latest firmware, have rebooted the player, cleaned the disc....this is very puzzling.:frowning:

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Isn't that a profile 1.1 release? If so, perhaps you might need another forthcoming firmware update. :frowning:

_Man_

PeterMano

Stunt Coordinator
No problems for me on the ps3. I have no familiarity with your player so I can't offer any help there. Could be a bad copy. Have you tried it on another machine if possible.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
I've seen other reports about long load times but not playback issues. If you bought it at BB or CC I would suggest taking it back to them and see if they could play it in one of their demo units. If not then I beat it's a problem with the disc.

Don May Jr

Stunt Coordinator
Just finished watching my BD Netflix rental on a PS3. No issues to speak of... good movie, too!

Played perfectly... only took a few extra seconds than usual to load.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
From what reading I could stand to do over at AVS it appears the DBP1200 has issues with more than just 3:10 to Yuma. Sunshine also is being reported as problematic. Sadly not only BD discs are having problems but also SD DVD titles as well.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
It loaded in my BD-P1000, but the (seemingly endless) trailer reel was a bit off-center, with garbage at the bottom of the screen whenever the full frame was used. Fortunately, the movie itself is 'scope, so that's not a problem. I may need to crank the sound later.

genomovie

Grip
Real Name
gene

Yes, I had the same problem as you. I also have the BDP1200. It is not the disc. I have a Sony player also, and it played on my Sony after a long, long loading time, and after three different attempts on the sony, it finally played. This is after, I just put the upgrade firmware 2.0 on the Samsung to get it to play the disc of "Rescue Dawn". "Rescue Dawn" was doing the same thing.:frowning:

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Played on my Sony BDS300, but it did take a good minute to load the JAVA stuff. Cool Rambo trailer BTW!

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
This film plays fine on my Samsung BD-P1000. Although it is fairly slow to load. Interestingly the PIP feature works on my player as well, leading me to believe that this is ether not a 1.1 disc, or it has both a 1.1 overlay as well as the effected scenes in place in a branching version with the PIP superimposed.

Very nice presentation. My only complaint is that they shot it in New Mexico rather than Arizona.

Doug

froggi3

Grip
Real Name
Fred
Thanks for the feedback guys, it obviously is the player, I tried it in my girlfriend's PS3 and it worked flawlessly. Oh well, have to wait for a firmware update I suppose....not gonna scrap the bd p1200, the picture quality is too good ;)

Michel_Hafner

Screenwriter
I have an issue with this disc but it's not player related. The Y and UV signals are not in proper sync (to put it in layman's terms) which results in color fringing around edges and unnecessary jaggies. Easy to see at 1080p with the opening credits but also in the film with colored edges popping up regularly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xcvbszdfzsfsa
Recent bookmarks