-

Photo
- - - - -

Issues with 3:10 to Yuma??

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 of 14 OFFLINE   froggi3

froggi3

Extra

• 16 posts

Posted January 11 2008 - 10:11 AM

Anyone having any technical issues with 3:10 to Yuma? My BDP1200 will not play my blu ray copy, I get a "loading" icon, one with gears and it stays on the screen. I have the latest firmware, have rebooted the player, cleaned the disc....this is very puzzling.Posted Image

#2 of 14 OFFLINE   ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,863 posts

Posted January 11 2008 - 10:22 AM

Isn't that a profile 1.1 release? If so, perhaps you might need another forthcoming firmware update. Posted Image

_Man_
Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (St. Paul)

#3 of 14 OFFLINE   PeterMano

PeterMano

Stunt Coordinator

• 182 posts

Posted January 11 2008 - 10:31 AM

No problems for me on the ps3. I have no familiarity with your player so I can't offer any help there. Could be a bad copy. Have you tried it on another machine if possible.

#4 of 14 OFFLINE   Chris S

Chris S

Screenwriter

• 2,522 posts

Posted January 11 2008 - 12:29 PM

I've seen other reports about long load times but not playback issues. If you bought it at BB or CC I would suggest taking it back to them and see if they could play it in one of their demo units. If not then I beat it's a problem with the disc.
DVD & Blu-ray - It's all about the movies!

#5 of 14 OFFLINE   Derek_J

Derek_J

Stunt Coordinator

• 235 posts

Posted January 11 2008 - 12:39 PM

Google BDP1200 Yuma, first item it comes up with.

#6 of 14 OFFLINE   Don May Jr

Don May Jr

Stunt Coordinator

• 84 posts

Posted January 11 2008 - 02:11 PM

Just finished watching my BD Netflix rental on a PS3. No issues to speak of... good movie, too!

Played perfectly... only took a few extra seconds than usual to load.
Kindest Regards,

Don May, Jr. - President, Synapse Films
http://www.synapse-films.com

#7 of 14 OFFLINE   Shane Martin

Shane Martin

Producer

• 6,017 posts

Posted January 11 2008 - 02:42 PM

Played perfectly on a PS3. Gorgeous PQ. Awesome sound, Killer movie.

#8 of 14 OFFLINE   Chris S

Chris S

Screenwriter

• 2,522 posts

Posted January 11 2008 - 04:37 PM

From what reading I could stand to do over at AVS it appears the DBP1200 has issues with more than just 3:10 to Yuma. Sunshine also is being reported as problematic. Sadly not only BD discs are having problems but also SD DVD titles as well.
DVD & Blu-ray - It's all about the movies!

#9 of 14 OFFLINE   Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted January 12 2008 - 04:21 AM

It loaded in my BD-P1000, but the (seemingly endless) trailer reel was a bit off-center, with garbage at the bottom of the screen whenever the full frame was used. Fortunately, the movie itself is 'scope, so that's not a problem. I may need to crank the sound later.
Jay's Movie Blog - A movie-viewing diary.
Transplanted Life: Sci-fi soap opera about a man placed in a new body, updated two or three times a week.
Trading Post Inn - Another gender-bending soap, with different collaborators writing different points of view.

"What? Since when was this an energy...

#10 of 14 OFFLINE   genomovie

genomovie

Extra

• 24 posts

Posted January 13 2008 - 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggi3
Anyone having any technical issues with 3:10 to Yuma? My BDP1200 will not play my blu ray copy, I get a "loading" icon, one with gears and it stays on the screen. I have the latest firmware, have rebooted the player, cleaned the disc....this is very puzzling.Posted Image

Yes, I had the same problem as you. I also have the BDP1200. It is not the disc. I have a Sony player also, and it played on my Sony after a long, long loading time, and after three different attempts on the sony, it finally played. This is after, I just put the upgrade firmware 2.0 on the Samsung to get it to play the disc of "Rescue Dawn". "Rescue Dawn" was doing the same thing.Posted Image

#11 of 14 OFFLINE   RickER

RickER

Producer

• 5,130 posts
  • LocationTulsa, Oklahoma

Posted January 13 2008 - 08:35 AM

Played on my Sony BDS300, but it did take a good minute to load the JAVA stuff. Cool Rambo trailer BTW!

#12 of 14 OFFLINE   Douglas Monce

Douglas Monce

Producer

• 5,514 posts

Posted January 14 2008 - 06:03 PM

This film plays fine on my Samsung BD-P1000. Although it is fairly slow to load. Interestingly the PIP feature works on my player as well, leading me to believe that this is ether not a 1.1 disc, or it has both a 1.1 overlay as well as the effected scenes in place in a branching version with the PIP superimposed.

Very nice presentation. My only complaint is that they shot it in New Mexico rather than Arizona.

Doug
"I'm in great shape, for the shape I'm in."
Bob Hope in The Ghostbreakers

#13 of 14 OFFLINE   froggi3

froggi3

Extra

• 16 posts

Posted January 15 2008 - 10:20 AM

Thanks for the feedback guys, it obviously is the player, I tried it in my girlfriend's PS3 and it worked flawlessly. Oh well, have to wait for a firmware update I suppose....not gonna scrap the bd p1200, the picture quality is too good Posted Image

#14 of 14 OFFLINE   Michel_Hafner

Michel_Hafner

Supporting Actor

• 769 posts

Posted March 05 2008 - 12:39 AM

I have an issue with this disc but it's not player related. The Y and UV signals are not in proper sync (to put it in layman's terms) which results in color fringing around edges and unnecessary jaggies. Easy to see at 1080p with the opening credits but also in the film with colored edges popping up regularly.