Issues with 3:10 to Yuma??

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by froggi3, Jan 11, 2008.

1. froggi3

froggi3 Extra

Anyone having any technical issues with 3:10 to Yuma? My BDP1200 will not play my blu ray copy, I get a "loading" icon, one with gears and it stays on the screen. I have the latest firmware, have rebooted the player, cleaned the disc....this is very puzzling.[​IMG]

2. ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool Producer

ManW
    Isn't that a profile 1.1 release? If so, perhaps you might need another forthcoming firmware update. [​IMG]

_Man_

3. PeterMano

PeterMano Stunt Coordinator

No problems for me on the ps3. I have no familiarity with your player so I can't offer any help there. Could be a bad copy. Have you tried it on another machine if possible.

4. Chris S

Chris S Cinematographer

Chris S
    I've seen other reports about long load times but not playback issues. If you bought it at BB or CC I would suggest taking it back to them and see if they could play it in one of their demo units. If not then I beat it's a problem with the disc.

5. Derek_J

Derek_J Stunt Coordinator

Google BDP1200 Yuma, first item it comes up with.

6. Don May Jr

Don May Jr Stunt Coordinator

Just finished watching my BD Netflix rental on a PS3. No issues to speak of... good movie, too!

Played perfectly... only took a few extra seconds than usual to load.

7. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

Played perfectly on a PS3. Gorgeous PQ. Awesome sound, Killer movie.

8. Chris S

Chris S Cinematographer

Chris S
    From what reading I could stand to do over at AVS it appears the DBP1200 has issues with more than just 3:10 to Yuma. Sunshine also is being reported as problematic. Sadly not only BD discs are having problems but also SD DVD titles as well.

9. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

It loaded in my BD-P1000, but the (seemingly endless) trailer reel was a bit off-center, with garbage at the bottom of the screen whenever the full frame was used. Fortunately, the movie itself is 'scope, so that's not a problem. I may need to crank the sound later.

10. genomovie

genomovie Extra

Yes, I had the same problem as you. I also have the BDP1200. It is not the disc. I have a Sony player also, and it played on my Sony after a long, long loading time, and after three different attempts on the sony, it finally played. This is after, I just put the upgrade firmware 2.0 on the Samsung to get it to play the disc of "Rescue Dawn". "Rescue Dawn" was doing the same thing.[​IMG]

11. RickER

RickER Producer

Rick
    Played on my Sony BDS300, but it did take a good minute to load the JAVA stuff. Cool Rambo trailer BTW!

12. Douglas Monce

Douglas Monce Producer

This film plays fine on my Samsung BD-P1000. Although it is fairly slow to load. Interestingly the PIP feature works on my player as well, leading me to believe that this is ether not a 1.1 disc, or it has both a 1.1 overlay as well as the effected scenes in place in a branching version with the PIP superimposed.

Very nice presentation. My only complaint is that they shot it in New Mexico rather than Arizona.

Doug

13. froggi3

froggi3 Extra

Thanks for the feedback guys, it obviously is the player, I tried it in my girlfriend's PS3 and it worked flawlessly. Oh well, have to wait for a firmware update I suppose....not gonna scrap the bd p1200, the picture quality is too good [​IMG]

14. Michel_Hafner

Michel_Hafner Supporting Actor

I have an issue with this disc but it's not player related. The Y and UV signals are not in proper sync (to put it in layman's terms) which results in color fringing around edges and unnecessary jaggies. Easy to see at 1080p with the opening credits but also in the film with colored edges popping up regularly.