Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

American Idol - Season 7

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1269 replies to this topic

#1261 of 1270 Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,506 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted May 24 2008 - 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivan Ward
When watching these interviews too I can NOT imagine DA doing any of them, poor thing is so timid!
As others have already noted, DA has been doing just fine in his post-show interviews. He's like a completely different person. Must have been nerves while in front of a huge crowd.

He's not a champion orator, but what 17 year old is? He sounds like a normal teenager to me.
The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#1262 of 1270 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted May 24 2008 - 08:39 AM

If anyone cares, several of this season's competitors--including David Cook--will be on MadTV tonight.

#1263 of 1270 TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,002 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted May 24 2008 - 08:51 AM

is this a repeat?
madtv's season finale was last week.

facebook.com/whotony

#1264 of 1270 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted May 24 2008 - 09:13 AM

I don't know. I haven't really watched the show. It was just listed in the "on tonight" section of the paper.

Edit: It's episode 12 from March 29. It says the Idols are "red carpet interviewed," or some such. Not too exciting.

#1265 of 1270 ChristopherG

ChristopherG

Screenwriter

• 1,450 posts

Posted May 24 2008 - 12:40 PM

There have been many 17 year olds that have appeared on AI that have been able to express themselves clearly. I will agree that David A could have been distracted by the crowd, but it seems odd to me that he could sing well enough....
It takes 52 pounds of pressure to rupture an eyeball... :blink: 

#1266 of 1270 Mikah Cerucco

Mikah Cerucco

Screenwriter

• 2,462 posts

Posted May 24 2008 - 03:33 PM

http://news.bostonhe...dol going gray?

Quote:
“Idol” viewership among 12- to 17-year-olds was down this season, and the median age of an “Idol” viewer, once in the mid-30s, is now up to 42, according to Nielsen Media Research.

Studios, caption your internet streams.

#1267 of 1270 Vivan Ward

Vivan Ward

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted May 27 2008 - 09:36 AM

I COMPLETELY agree on the change in DA. I have been wholeheartedly incorrect! Posted Image I mentioned that to my husband too as we started to watch the Larry King interview Friday - sadly, he doesn't agree. He says he is still a "young 17" and says "amazing" a lot but I still think he's really come out of his shell. The pressure is off and it shows I guess! So I have seen a change too and if we are mentioning "class acts" with DA really giving Cook credit I feel the same about DC giving "kudos" to DA. They have been very gracious with one another and, well, it impresses me.

As for the GH ad, Greg, rewatching DC in his underwear comment was hilarious! Posted Image

#1268 of 1270 Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,506 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted August 21 2008 - 05:41 AM

From Billboard.com:

Quote:
Rihanna begins a second week at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 with "Disturbia," but barely fended off the best chart debut in more than 18 months, in the form of David Archuleta's "Crush." The track sold 166,000 downloads in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan, and opens at No. 2.

The last song to open so high was Fall Out Boy's "This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race" in late January 2007. "Crush" also scores the best opening by an "American Idol" finalist with a song not performed on the show.

The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#1269 of 1270 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted August 21 2008 - 12:30 PM

That song is horrible. HORRIBLE. There's no accounting for taste.

#1270 of 1270 Mikah Cerucco

Mikah Cerucco

Screenwriter

• 2,462 posts

Posted August 21 2008 - 04:01 PM

The measure of the success of pop music is how it sells, not the quality. It's often said that the fact that McDonald's sells more than anybody else doesn't mean a McDonald's hamburger is better than Filet Mignon, but it's not an accurate comparison for a number of reasons. For one thing, McDonald's is much cheaper than Filet Mignon, which is a major factor in why it sells more (convenience being another). In this case, it costs pretty much the same to listen to David Archuletta as it doesn't to listen to anyone else, so the deciding factor is that people want to hear David Archuletta's song. This probably comes as no surprise to music business pros who followed the show. He has that demo of fans. It doesn't mean he has the 2nd best song out right now. It just means he has the 2nd most popular, because there are a lot of folks (youngsters? girls?) want them some Davvy.

The trades have to report this stuff, but a discerning listener need not pay it any attention. That said, I still like Archuletta's Imagine. They used it on So You Think You Can Dance, and it was great.
Studios, caption your internet streams.

Forum Nav Content I Follow