What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

American Idol - Season 7 (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Definitely want to see more of Kristy Lee Cook.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Was also impressed by Angela Martin.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
"Princess" Leia: That was so many shades of wrong.

OTOH, I made it about an hour before flipping it over to One Tree Hill, but during a commercial break, I was lucky to check out Kristy Lee Cook's audition, hope she can make it to the final 12 (they showed us an inordinate amount of background footage on her).

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

The sad part is i'm a SW geek myself and I thought she was cool as a person, probably someone I could have been friends with, but as a singer she should stick to back-up for Sy Snootles in Jabba's throne room.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Just a reminder to AI7 fans that we will be running an HTF AI7 Top Ten Challenge contest once more. Full details in the sticky thread near the top of this section.

You have to be in it to win it. We will probably be choosing the top ten from a field of 16 to make it more of a challenge.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
This is difficult.

I love American Idol, which is difficult enough to admit to co-workers.

However, I hate these auditions. If I could skip them altogether
and just get to the Hollywood tryouts, I would. The problem is,
among all the circus freaks they roll out for the cameras, this is
the time where the audience gets their first notion of who they
think will make it to the final 24.

So, within all the fast forwarding that went on last evening, there
are two women here who stood out. No surprise that Kristy Cook
was the favorite of the evening. I also had a very tender moment
watching the little girl who was afflicted with Cerebral Palsy. Very,
very sad and I wish her Mom, who was very good, the best!

It's just going to be a tough 4 weeks to get through all this audition
crap until we get to the real competition highlighted by
Hanson's rundown. :)

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris

Wow. You weren't put off at all by her psychotic rants after she was passed over? Or the fact that she mistook AI for a scificon?

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Well, she was upset and she freaked a little, as for the second question she shouldn't have went dressed like that lol, I mean i'm a SW geek and I wouldn't go to an AI audition dressed like say, Darth Vader and expect to be taken seriously.

Besides, I only pull out my Vader costume for special occasions. :D I'm just kidding I don't actually need a special occasion. :crazy: ;)

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Did anyone else think of Kevin Smith when seeing the wookie in a Leia bikini?

I was also a bit put off by the very last contestant. I would vote her most likely to boil your rabbit. Nobody is that "wholesome". Never seen an R rated movie. LOL. If she is really that sheltered, she wont last long in Hollywood. I really feel bad for her husband. (if he isnt just in her head).

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
I was drawn last night into watching it, this is the fun part of the show, the auditions. Some memorable stuff, the guy that was singing "Let My People Go", was hilarious. The guy dressed like a belly dancer, what can I say, just all shades of wrong. The Janice Joplin one I thought didn't sound bad but she was weird but her mom, yikes, she didn't speak long but when she did it had crazy all over it. Finally Princess Leia, let's just say she was just out there. I'll follow these episodes and if the strike continues past that I'll probably fall into watching it as well.

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
I sat there wondering why in the hell would Jodi Foster put a bunch of glitter on her face, claim to be studying to be a vet, and then start singing?

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I seriously wondered if it was Kevin Smith pulling off some stunt. Looked like him and sounded like him.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
I had always theorised that any contestant auditioning that got an intro piece showing them at home or going about their usual routine must have gotten through, since the piece presumably would have been shot after the audition -- the producers don't pre-enlist, do they? And an unsuccessful contestant wouldn't cooperate, would they? So how on earth did they get Alexis the vet student (Jodie Foster lookalike, according to Dave) to agree to do her piece? Unless she really was an attention seeker.

Must say "Princess" Leia was one of the funniest (and most disturbing!) things I've seen. I thought Ross's mother in Friends had ruined the vision of Carrie Fisher in that outfit, but this really takes the biscuit...

And yes, the other Princess Leia was also a bit of a nutcase.

Otherwise, some really nice-sounding voices there, including Kristy Lee (another Carrie Underwood?), Junot, and the 28-yr old stay-at-home-mom (Elizabeth?) who sang in a band at night.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
When "Princess" Leia walked into the audition room my first thought was that "Underdog Lady" from the old Howard Stern Show has a daughter.

:laugh:

As much as I realize that these "audition" shows do little more than play with us (and give us all an opportunity to play "Zip-Zip" with our DVRs) they still offer some fascinating, if contrived, moments. And while we hope to get a glimpse of the "final 24" remember that in the past FOX has orchestrated that as well since it's obvious that many of the good auditions won't make it to our televisions during this warm-up month of shows. That's showbiz.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BioProf
Recent bookmarks