What's new

Spider-Man Blu-ray triology $100 at BBY? (1 Viewer)

CRyan

Screenwriter
Honestly, they are doing this with so few HDM titles, I was sruprised they even had a reduced price that first week. Circuit City here evern had a better price than anywhere online that frist week. But every other title 29.99 on release! Sucks.

MarkDude

Stunt Coordinator

No. The release price was around $63. I remember seeing the $69.99 price tag on it for weeks after that.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Was that the price on the shelf tag, or on the sticker on the box? BB is notorious for having ridiculously inflated sticker prices, as well as neglecting to put shelf tags up on some titles.

EDIT: just checked your link. Read my last paragraph.

What I would suggest is checking the online price and if it's lower, order it using the in-store pickup option, since BB has to give it to you for the online price. That's how I knocked about $15 off the price of my Criterion Brazil set.

BTW, it's listed on the BB Canada site for $84.99. How close are you to the border?

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
They always have a higher price for many items durring the holidays. Thats why you only want to buy sale items, or new releases on the first week. At least until after Christmas, then the regular prices get a bit lower.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I imagine that BB and other B & Ms will have a huge sale on HD media for Boxing Day, @ least on selected titles. When I bought my first DVD player in 2000, Future Shop and Wal*Mart both had DVD promos on catalog titles for Boxing Day, so it would just make sense.

It may be wise just to hold off.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
the trilogy is UNDER $43 SHIPPED RIGHT NOW at AMAZON.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

Very tempting though I already have the barebones version of S3 (from my PS3 purchase). Wonder when we'll see the double-dip though. :P

_Man_

Robert Burkes

Second Unit
Holy crap! That was too good to pass up! I've been holding off on getting the set, but I just took the plunge. Got it for $39 with Amazon Prime free 2-day shipping and some magic 10% discount I get and don't quite understand. Thanks for the heads-up on the great deal!!!
Rob

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
about 12 months ago, anyone who bought either a hidef player or 3 hdm discs on the same order receive an auto discount of 10% on any hd disc order.
it was suppose to end dec 31 2007 but it seems to continue for some peeople

Robert Burkes

Second Unit
Nice! I always wondered why that began magically showing up. I've put it to good use and hope no one at Amazon discovers that I still get it. ;-)

WadeM

Supporting Actor
Yeah, and the That's Entertainment trilogy is also $100 at Best Buy. Even Borders is $20 cheaper than that--and Borders charges (as usual) suggested retail price. I won't be buying my Blu-rays at Best Buy (nor Borders)!

Amazon's the place right now.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
There seems to be 2 different versions of this.

I saw the trilogy at Circuit City and the films were in seperate cases. Sort of like the Fox (X-Files for example)Series cases. This set was going for $89.

Theres also a set with all 3 movies plus a extras disc in one case, like Blade Runner and this one seems to be the one going in the $40-60 range.

Averry

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew
I re-enrolled for Amazon Prime.

It comes in super handy, for anything, and most certainly pays for itself. Like books for college, I can order for cheap, and not have to wait either without loosing the price advantage over shipping.

So, now that these Blu-ray releases are all available to me, I can order up and not wait.

I'm just trying not to spend too much money right now, and conserve. But over time its sweet.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

Hmmm... I thought the first two were only released as part of that 4-disc trilogy pack.

_Man_

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
they are.
there are two different sets of the tril on sale.
read that again.
he doesnt say they were for sale seperately.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks