-

Photo
- - - - -

iTunes CD Database

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 JohnRice

JohnRice

Lead Actor

• 8,559 posts

Posted November 03 2007 - 04:59 AM

Does anyone how how to copy over the database of looked up CDs? I just got a used iMac and would like to load up the internal database of all the looked up CDs from my desktop Mac, so they don't have to be looked up again and have my personal modifications. I moved over the database from -Users/Me/Music/iTunes/iTunes Library, but that had the entire playlists, which is not what I wanted. Of course, maybe I need to move that over, then delete all the music files.

Does anyone know?

BTW, I will be networking these computers, since I plan to use the Desktop Mac as the source of a music server with iTunes. I just haven't wired the network yet.

The Hybrid System

The Music Part: Emotiva XSP-1, Thiel CS 3.6, Emotiva XPA-2, Marantz SA8004, Emotiva ERC-3, SVS PB-12 Plus 2

The Surround Part: Sherbourn PT-7030, Thiel SCS3, Emotiva XPA-5, Polk & Emotiva Surrounds.

#2 of 3 Rod J

Rod J

Stunt Coordinator

• 176 posts

Posted November 03 2007 - 05:39 AM

The only software that I've found to edit and export from the cd info.cidb file is icdc at http://www.waehlby.com/icdc/ . The interface is a little crude and it doesn't get updated often. I recommend that you don't run it the same time as iTunes (competing updates). It's worth a look and the price of a (cheap) CD.

#3 of 3 JohnRice

JohnRice

Lead Actor

• 8,559 posts

Posted November 03 2007 - 06:40 AM

Thanks.

Actually, I'm not so interested in ongoing updates as just getting the massive database on my desktop to the iMac. so, I just looked up that file (there were actually 4 of them) moved them to the iMac and it seems to work.

Thanks

The Hybrid System

The Music Part: Emotiva XSP-1, Thiel CS 3.6, Emotiva XPA-2, Marantz SA8004, Emotiva ERC-3, SVS PB-12 Plus 2

The Surround Part: Sherbourn PT-7030, Thiel SCS3, Emotiva XPA-5, Polk & Emotiva Surrounds.