JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Does anyone how how to copy over the database of looked up CDs? I just got a used iMac and would like to load up the internal database of all the looked up CDs from my desktop Mac, so they don't have to be looked up again and have my personal modifications. I moved over the database from -Users/Me/Music/iTunes/iTunes Library, but that had the entire playlists, which is not what I wanted. Of course, maybe I need to move that over, then delete all the music files.

Does anyone know?

BTW, I will be networking these computers, since I plan to use the Desktop Mac as the source of a music server with iTunes. I just haven't wired the network yet.

Rod J

Premium
Real Name
Rodney Jewett
The only software that I've found to edit and export from the cd info.cidb file is icdc at http://www.waehlby.com/icdc/ . The interface is a little crude and it doesn't get updated often. I recommend that you don't run it the same time as iTunes (competing updates). It's worth a look and the price of a (cheap) CD.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Thanks.

Actually, I'm not so interested in ongoing updates as just getting the massive database on my desktop to the iMac. so, I just looked up that file (there were actually 4 of them) moved them to the iMac and it seems to work.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks