-

Photo
- - - - -

No threads for The Black Donnellys?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Dean L

Dean L

Stunt Coordinator

• 205 posts

Posted September 07 2007 - 03:16 PM

Shocked there are no threads on this highly underrated show.
It was quietly released this week.

Anyone else pick it up? Its listed as having a DTS soundtrack, but on my copy, no DTS. Not a huge concern since the overall soundtrack does not have a very active mix (except the music) but just wondering if no DTS is just on my disc.

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Pete Battista

Pete Battista

Screenwriter

• 1,959 posts
  • LocationPrincess Anne, Md. USA

Posted September 08 2007 - 01:05 AM

I never got the opertunity to check this show out when it originally aired... but been thinking about a blind buy.

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Josh_HI

Josh_HI

Second Unit

• 303 posts

Posted September 08 2007 - 05:15 AM

I just have to say I loved this show when it was on.. I really hated that it got canned... Watching it on dvd makes me want it back on tv... But so glad it did get released on dvd.

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Bryan Krantz

Bryan Krantz

Stunt Coordinator

• 87 posts

Posted September 11 2007 - 04:20 PM

This was an interesting show. I would have liked to have seen how things would have developed, but alas NBC's quick cancel strategy strikes again.

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   BobSchneider

BobSchneider

Second Unit

• 421 posts

Posted September 11 2007 - 04:59 PM

Well Im one quater irish I found the show very insulting. Rolling out the old wasp sterotypes that the irish are homcidal drunken hoodlums, cops or priests and there women are ethier saintly or slutly punching bags, I was shock NBC roll out the show. If same sterotypes in (Black donnelys) this show would have been in about black or mexican americans heads would have rolled at NBC. I wonder if NBC when they run help wanted ads online still use N.I.N.A. code word, because someone in NBC had to hate irish americans to release this thankfully short live sterotype riddled turkey, it sad because there were some good actors wasted on this dreck. And Honestly Im shocked they released the set.Posted Image
Q: Why do you care?

A: You'll never know.

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   Don Giro

Don Giro

Supporting Actor

• 817 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted September 11 2007 - 11:14 PM

Impulse-blind-bought this on the strong recommendation of a good friend. It's okay, but I find it very hard to get into after watching the first three episodes. I'm sure I'll slog through the rest, and I hope it improves.

However, I do agree (with my friend) that this show might have found an audience if NBC broadcast it after "Heroes" instead of "Deal of No Deal" ("Heroes" was followed by "The Real Wedding Crashers" at the same time "Black Donnellys" was following Howie Mandel...what kind of genius programming is that?).

I guess I can stop looking for the DTS track now...
When she embraces, your heart turns to stone
She comes at night, when you're all alone
And when she whispers, your blood shall run cold
You'd better hide before she finds you...

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   Scooter

Scooter

Screenwriter

• 1,511 posts
  • LocationDFW Area Texas

Posted September 11 2007 - 11:28 PM

GREAT SHOW!!!!! I was really pleased to find out that 14 episodes had been produced. Watched'em all in one sitting...well, the ones I had not seen yet.

I wish the same thing would have been done with "Drive"

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Dean L

Dean L

Stunt Coordinator

• 205 posts

Posted September 25 2007 - 10:56 AM

Someone has got to pick this up for another season!
FOX or better yet HBO!
Buy the DVD!!!!