What's new

Curb Your Enthusiasm Season Six (2 Viewers)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
New season of Curb starts on Sunday.

Last season wasn't as good as the others (although I think there was some great Larry moments throughout and episodes like The Ski Lift and The End were excellent) but I'm hoping they come back with some funny episodes.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I've gotta say that season 5 of "Curb" was one of the biggest TV disappointments I've ever had. After 4 absolutely brilliant seasons I thought the 5th was complete garbage and I really hoped they would come back for another year to redeem the show. I'm looking forward to the S6 premiere on Sunday and I'm optimistic that it will be a lot better than last year(as it couldn't possibly be worse).

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I've seen articles that say that (but don't actually quote) Larry felt that S5 didn't live up to his own expectations. Since S5 was made as a possible end to the series, I'm hoping that he's only decided to come back because he's got some good material and something to prove after he got 'beat up' for last season.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Agree with Travis that the season was definitely a below the others and a disappointment, but still had some solid eps, The Ski Lift being classic Larry.

I can't wait though, the only reason I'm keeping HBO is for the new season.

I named my fantasy football team this year Crazy Eyez Killahz in honor of my favorite episode.

You like to eat the pussy don't you Larry? :D

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Yes, the "Crazy Eyes" episode is hands down my all-time favorite episode of the show. I laughed so hard that I literally thought I was going to pass out. I just hope this new season can recapture some of that magic.

Anthony Moore

Supporting Actor
Season 4 with mel brooks was definately the best. but i thought s5 was still great. better than pretty much everything else on tv these days.

lookin foward to s6 for sure.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I liked the episode. Nothing amazing but I loved Larry saying "Funkhouser served us penis." and "Your last name is Black? That's like if my last name was Jew."

Also, the bizarre face that Larry made as he gave the finger to someone made laugh. :)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Thought it was a great start to the season. Seemed a lot more like the old "Curb" than season 5 ever did. Good stuff. :emoji_thumbsup:

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I thought the funniest line was at the end when they were outside watching the house up in flames and one of the "Blacks" asked Larry what they will do now and he said, "Maybe some family will take us in."

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was pretty underwhelming. A few good jokes, but overall a disappointment. It does look like this will set up a lot of good material for future episodes though, if the David's being homeless is this season's running gag.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I know it would never happen with a guy with money like Larry David has, but imagine Larry/Cheryl moving in with Jeff/Suzie...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It started out a little slow, but it got really funny as the friends tried to out a-hole one another with the showing up a day late to parties they didn't want to attend, and then the Black family and the cakes just pushed the episode into truly LOL funny territory. Good stuff!

Marianne

Supporting Actor
We only started watching CYE recently with the reruns showing on HBO Comedy (7.30 and 11 pm each night) and I was wondering why Larry and Cheryl keep moving to different houses. When you watch an episode each day it seems like they move every few days! Obviously they will be moving again after the first episode of season 6.

Any explanation for this? The only one I have come up with is that they are shooting in real houses (not sets) and people want their houses back.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
You got it. People think it'll be exciting to have a production in their house but the reality is that it's a pain in the ass (long hours, people accidentally busting stuff, your neighbors hate you because there's constantly noise and trucks all over) so they've always had problems getting a house for a second year and that's resulted in Larry and Cheryl's continuous moving. :)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
That episode was hilarious. From Larry being mad at Ted Danson, to dressing up like a ghost (and mistaken for a clan member), Larry's ban from Jeff's house and Larry having to run from the jersey owner all were hysterical.

All the photos on the wall at the dry cleaners were stars of HBO shows.

I loved the lines of "Cum's cum" and "Joe Peppitone up in this motherfucker". And for some reason, "...it's fake philanthropy and faux anonymity" made me laugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks