What's new

suggestions for purchasing Blu-Ray player (1 Viewer)

Truan

Auditioning
Hello everyone.

I'm looking to purchase a Blu-Ray player around December. Probably a high-end model, but at least a solid mid-range model.

Any suggestions as to what any of you would consider some of the better ones?

And is it too early to invest in one, from a technological standpoint?

Thanks for any advice.

Alan Wise

Stunt Coordinator
Truan,

I recently purchased the new Pioneer Elite BDP-94HD and like it alot.
It is one of the pricier units, but the sound and picture it produces are excellent in my opinion.

Al Wise

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
With so many players coming or announced, I'd wait until December to really look.

What you need to consider is if the player you purchase will be Blu Ray Java Profile 1.1 compliant. If it's not then future extra features won't play on your player.

Real Name
David McLeavy

I agree. We are looking for a Blu-Ray player for our studio. The last player (DVD) was a Denon and lasted us 12 years. It stopped reading DVDs last month and the boss wants a Denon.

We plan on waiting until this fall, since that is when the new Denon Blu-Ray player is supposed to come out, however, there may be others announced at that time.

Truan,

Since you indicated that you can wait till December, I would recommend that you wait until the majors announce any new players (this fall) for the winter holiday season. There should be a few new units with interesting features to choose from.

Good Luck,
David

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks