Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Angie

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 of 32 OFFLINE   alphanguy

alphanguy

Stunt Coordinator

• 59 posts

Posted August 27 2007 - 11:15 AM

Now THIS is a show I would love to see out on DVD. who owns it? Donna Pescow, Debralee Scott, Doris Roberts, Robert Hayes. Only 36 episodes, this could come out in one set easy!! Wonderful theme song by the great Maureen McGovern, I remember how I used to sing it all the time when I originally watched it. (Ok, I was 11!) Boy would I love to see this show! It hasn't been syndicated to death, either... which should really boost sales.

#2 of 32 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,427 posts

Posted August 27 2007 - 11:24 AM

I would get it in a heartbeat if it was uncut and if they at least tried to preserve the picture somewhat (I don't expect a full-on restoration is likely). I am pretty sure that Angie was put out by the same production company as Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, etc (I could be wrong). So does this mean the show is owned by Paramount?

#3 of 32 OFFLINE   Hank Dearborn

Hank Dearborn

Supporting Actor

• 715 posts

Posted August 27 2007 - 04:26 PM

Yes, the show is owned by Paramount. As for something being helped by not being syndicated to death, well the opposite is usually true. The more a show has run to death, the more popular it is on DVD. The more obscure, the fewer sales. Out of sight, out of mind.

#4 of 32 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Lead Actor

• 6,500 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted August 27 2007 - 04:59 PM

I would also buy this show, but I have doubts about ever seeing it. They could do both seasons in one big set.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I am going to boycott The Walt Disney Company until then. And while you're at it, PLEASE stop dropping DVD/laserdisc extras from Blu-ray releases of other films.

#5 of 32 OFFLINE   David Rain

David Rain

Screenwriter

• 1,107 posts

Posted August 27 2007 - 06:22 PM

Lesser-known shows do sometimes surface on DVD. I never thought I'd see Punky Brewster released but that's what happened. So maybe there's hope for Angie. Doris Roberts certainly has a lot of fans even if the other stars of the show have faded into the background. It would be just my luck that this show would be finally be released without the great theme song. Because I don't think this would ever be a priority release for any studio. And that might include songs rights problems. But I would hope not.
Still Turning the Beat Around at Our Cool New Pad

Retro Remixes

#6 of 32 OFFLINE   David Rain

David Rain

Screenwriter

• 1,107 posts

Posted August 27 2007 - 06:25 PM

Lyrics for: Different Worlds Chorus: Let the time flow Let the love grow Let the rain shower Let the rose flower Love it seeks, love it finds Love it conquers, love it binds We come to each other from different worlds, Drawn to each other by the love inside of us We give to each other our different worlds As long as we can do it, Life is gonna breeze right through it chorus We reach for each other from different worlds With love for each other that will stand the test of time We're up to the challenge of different worlds With this love inside us, There is nothing can divide us chorus Love it seeks and love it finds (Love it seeks, love it finds) Love it conquers, love it binds Ahhhhhhh, ahhhhhhh Love it seeks, love it finds Love it conquers, love it binds

Retro Remixes

#7 of 32 OFFLINE   Rob P S

Rob P S

Screenwriter

• 1,995 posts

Posted August 28 2007 - 02:27 PM

I miss these elaborate opening credit sequences.

This show went from a top 5 hit to a flop within a year, thanks to constant schedule changes and tinkering with the format of the show. And it was another Miller-Boyett show (like Happy Days, Family Matters and Step by Step) with a kid that just disappeared.

#8 of 32 OFFLINE   David Owens

David Owens

Agent

• 27 posts

Posted August 28 2007 - 02:35 PM

Strangely enough I had stumbled across the YouTube credits clips the other night..probably hadn't seen them since they originally aired. Posted Image

I had forgotten about the huge crush I had on Donna Pescow in that show.....man she was cute.

Showing my age when I remember watching "Airplane" for the first time thinking, "Hey, that's the guy from Angie". Posted Image

Sign me up for a copy if Paramount ever digs it out of the vaults!!

#9 of 32 OFFLINE   alphanguy

alphanguy

Stunt Coordinator

• 59 posts

Posted August 28 2007 - 05:25 PM

Boy, thanks for the link. It just reminded me what a massive crush I had on Robert Hays back then. This title sequence is one of the best ever done, IMO. A far cry form shows of more recent years like Will and Grace which have 15 seconds of retarded piano music and a 5 second shot of the cast with a fan blowing on them, the creativity just boggles the mind! But when you consider Maureen McGovern is singing this, who won the oscar twice for her themes from The Posideon Adventure and Towering Inferno... you make a HUGE deal of your opening theme. And this theme was released as a single and went to number 18 on the charts.

#10 of 32 OFFLINE   DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 2,104 posts

Posted August 29 2007 - 05:17 AM

Fun little show - too bad ABC didn't know what to do with it!

Don't forget, Doris Roberts played Angie's mom! Posted Image

#11 of 32 OFFLINE   Jon Martin

Jon Martin

Screenwriter

• 2,219 posts

Posted August 29 2007 - 05:24 AM

Also loved the show, and used to have the 45 single of the theme song. It ran during weekday mornings during the summer I remember, even after it was cancelled. I don't know if it was syndicated, or on ABC stations. But, it did air quite a bit, in the early 80's. But if it got a release, what are the chances of using the theme song?

#12 of 32 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Lead Actor

• 6,500 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted August 29 2007 - 10:10 AM

The theme song was written for the show, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I am going to boycott The Walt Disney Company until then. And while you're at it, PLEASE stop dropping DVD/laserdisc extras from Blu-ray releases of other films.

#13 of 32 OFFLINE   docdoowop

docdoowop

Second Unit

• 275 posts

Posted August 29 2007 - 09:57 PM

Interestingly, the pilot was taped in May, 1974, but aired February 8, 1979.

#14 of 32 OFFLINE   Brian Himes

Brian Himes

Screenwriter

• 1,202 posts

Posted August 30 2007 - 05:30 AM

I'd buy this in a heartbeat, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I loved the first season of the show, but the second season just didn't do much for me. The tinkered with it too much and totally changed it.

#15 of 32 OFFLINE   paste

paste

Stunt Coordinator

• 52 posts

Posted August 30 2007 - 01:08 PM

TV Land ran it a couple of times in the late 90s/early 00s.

#16 of 32 OFFLINE   mannix

mannix

Stunt Coordinator

• 178 posts

Posted August 30 2007 - 01:30 PM

i would buy angie right away if or when paramount comes to there senses on releasing it out

#17 of 32 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Lead Actor

• 6,500 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted August 31 2007 - 06:46 AM

That sounds just about in-character for ABC. Look what they did to Mork and Mindy at the same time. And this practice continued into the 1980s. Not that sometimes a network can't make a helpful suggestion that turns out to be beneficial, but ABC wasn't very good at that.

#18 of 32 OFFLINE   MielR

MielR

Advanced Member

• 990 posts

Posted August 08 2008 - 04:12 PM

It's been nearly a year since this thread was started...... Do I dare ask if there's any chance of 'Angie' ever getting released on DVD? I loved this show and I'd buy it in a heartbeat, too. The studio wouldn't have to worry about releasing multiple sets because the show only ran for about 2 years- they could probably release the whole series in one boxed set and be done with it!
SAVE STAR WARS! BOYCOTT THE BLU-RAYS! "Like" us here:

http://www.facebook....ycotttheblurays

#19 of 32 OFFLINE   David Rain

David Rain

Screenwriter

• 1,107 posts

Posted August 09 2008 - 12:27 PM

"Let the time flow, Let the love grow . . . "

Retro Remixes

#20 of 32 OFFLINE   MielR

MielR

Advanced Member

• 990 posts

Posted August 09 2008 - 01:18 PM

LOL, yes absence makes the heart grow fonder...

C'mon Paramount!!!!!!! Give us an early Christmas present this year and announce that Angie is in the pipeline! Posted Image
SAVE STAR WARS! BOYCOTT THE BLU-RAYS! "Like" us here:

http://www.facebook....ycotttheblurays

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users