What's new

Angie (1 Viewer)

alphanguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David
Now THIS is a show I would love to see out on DVD. who owns it? Donna Pescow, Debralee Scott, Doris Roberts, Robert Hayes. Only 36 episodes, this could come out in one set easy!! Wonderful theme song by the great Maureen McGovern, I remember how I used to sing it all the time when I originally watched it. (Ok, I was 11!) Boy would I love to see this show! It hasn't been syndicated to death, either... which should really boost sales.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I would get it in a heartbeat if it was uncut and if they at least tried to preserve the picture somewhat (I don't expect a full-on restoration is likely). I am pretty sure that Angie was put out by the same production company as Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, etc (I could be wrong). So does this mean the show is owned by Paramount?

Hank Dearborn

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hank
Yes, the show is owned by Paramount. As for something being helped by not being syndicated to death, well the opposite is usually true. The more a show has run to death, the more popular it is on DVD. The more obscure, the fewer sales. Out of sight, out of mind.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I would also buy this show, but I have doubts about ever seeing it. They could do both seasons in one big set.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Lesser-known shows do sometimes surface on DVD. I never thought I'd see Punky Brewster released but that's what happened. So maybe there's hope for Angie. Doris Roberts certainly has a lot of fans even if the other stars of the show have faded into the background.

It would be just my luck that this show would be finally be released without the great theme song. Because I don't think this would ever be a priority release for any studio. And that might include songs rights problems. But I would hope not.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Lyrics for: Different Worlds

Chorus:
Let the time flow
Let the love grow
Let the rain shower
Let the rose flower
Love it seeks, love it finds
Love it conquers, love it binds

We come to each other from different worlds,
Drawn to each other by the love inside of us
We give to each other our different worlds
As long as we can do it,
Life is gonna breeze right through it

chorus

We reach for each other from different worlds
With love for each other that will stand the test of time
We're up to the challenge of different worlds
With this love inside us,
There is nothing can divide us

chorus

Love it seeks and love it finds
(Love it seeks, love it finds)
Ahhhhhhh, ahhhhhhh

Love it seeks, love it finds

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob

I miss these elaborate opening credit sequences.

This show went from a top 5 hit to a flop within a year, thanks to constant schedule changes and tinkering with the format of the show. And it was another Miller-Boyett show (like Happy Days, Family Matters and Step by Step) with a kid that just disappeared.

David Owens

Agent
Strangely enough I had stumbled across the YouTube credits clips the other night..probably hadn't seen them since they originally aired. :)

I had forgotten about the huge crush I had on Donna Pescow in that show.....man she was cute.

Showing my age when I remember watching "Airplane" for the first time thinking, "Hey, that's the guy from Angie". :)

Sign me up for a copy if Paramount ever digs it out of the vaults!!

alphanguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David
Boy, thanks for the link. It just reminded me what a massive crush I had on Robert Hays back then. This title sequence is one of the best ever done, IMO. A far cry form shows of more recent years like Will and Grace which have 15 seconds of retarded piano music and a 5 second shot of the cast with a fan blowing on them, the creativity just boggles the mind! But when you consider Maureen McGovern is singing this, who won the oscar twice for her themes from The Posideon Adventure and Towering Inferno... you make a HUGE deal of your opening theme. And this theme was released as a single and went to number 18 on the charts.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Fun little show - too bad ABC didn't know what to do with it!

Don't forget, Doris Roberts played Angie's mom! :)

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Also loved the show, and used to have the 45 single of the theme song.

It ran during weekday mornings during the summer I remember, even after it was cancelled. I don't know if it was syndicated, or on ABC stations. But, it did air quite a bit, in the early 80's.

But if it got a release, what are the chances of using the theme song?

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I'd buy this in a heartbeat, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I loved the first season of the show, but the second season just didn't do much for me. The tinkered with it too much and totally changed it.

mannix

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
tim
i would buy angie right away if or when paramount comes to there senses
on releasing it out

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew

That sounds just about in-character for ABC. Look what they did to Mork and Mindy at the same time. And this practice continued into the 1980s.

Not that sometimes a network can't make a helpful suggestion that turns out to be beneficial, but ABC wasn't very good at that.

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
It's been nearly a year since this thread was started......

Do I dare ask if there's any chance of 'Angie' ever getting released on DVD?

I loved this show and I'd buy it in a heartbeat, too. The studio wouldn't have to worry about releasing multiple sets because the show only ran for about 2 years- they could probably release the whole series in one boxed set and be done with it!

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
LOL, yes absence makes the heart grow fonder...

C'mon Paramount!!!!!!! Give us an early Christmas present this year and announce that Angie is in the pipeline!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks