Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Spider-Man -films (Blu-ray) on 10-30-07

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#21 of 119 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,699 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted August 03 2007 - 06:09 AM

http://www.highdefdi...._3_Blu-ray/840

$99.98 for the set, $49.95 for just Spider-Man 3. Ouch.

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#22 of 119 OFFLINE   Paul Arnette

Paul Arnette

Screenwriter

• 2,616 posts

Posted August 03 2007 - 06:17 AM

I have a feeling that those prices are MSRP before the typical discounts, etc. I know HighDefDigest says that's what they'll retail for, but HDD has been wrong so many times lately with their premature title announcements, etc., I will wait until I see the pre-order prices on Amazon before getting too worked up.
Universal Blu-ray Discs I will not be buying while they're offered only as Blu-ray + DVD 'flipper' discs:

The Jackal
, Out of Africa, and Traffic.

#23 of 119 OFFLINE   Jordan_E

Jordan_E

Screenwriter

• 2,233 posts

Posted August 03 2007 - 06:26 AM

Guess I'll be playing the waiting game on this too. Hated Spiderman 3.
And you believe, at heart, everyone's a killer...

#24 of 119 OFFLINE   MarekM

MarekM

Supporting Actor

• 858 posts

Posted August 03 2007 - 06:28 AM

hopefully boxset will be under 60 or 65 on amazon Posted Image

Marek

#25 of 119 OFFLINE   Jari K

Jari K

Producer

• 3,273 posts

Posted August 03 2007 - 08:55 AM

http://www.dvdtimes....contentid=65492

Pt.3=

"The Region A, 2-Disc Spider-Man 3 Blu-ray Disc release offers over six-hours of bonus features as detailed below…

Disc 1: Main Feature

* 1080P Widescreen
* English PCM 5.1 (Uncompressed) and Dolby True HD 5.1 Surround (Lossless)
* French, Portuguese, Spanish and Thai DD5.1 Surround
* English, English SDH, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Korean, Thai and Chinese (Traditional & Simplified) subtitles
* Bloopers
* Photo Galleries
* Snow Patrol Music Video
* Audio Commentary with Director Sam Raimi and Cast Members Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, James Franco, Thomas Haden Church, Topher Grace, and Bryce Dallas Howard
* Audio Commentary with Producers Laura Ziskin, Avi Arad and Grant Curtis, Editor Bob Murawski and Special Effects Supervisor Scott Stokdyk

Disc 2: Extra Features

* 1080P Widescreen
* English DD2.0 Stereo and DD5.1 Surround
* Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Thai and Korean subtitles
* Featurette: Grains of Sand - Building Sandman - details the challenges Sony Pictures Imageworks faced in creating the iconic villain
* Featurette: Re-Imagining the Goblin - plores the changes in the New Goblin character from page to screen
* Featurette: Covered in Black – Creating Venom - follows the cinematic creation of Spider-Man’s archrival
* Featurette: Hanging On…Gwen Stacy and the Collapsing Floor - where stunt coordinator Scott Rogers explores the logistics of the dangerous stunt performed by Bryce Dallas Howard
* Featurette: Fighting, Flying & Driving – The Stunts - wherein Stunt Coordinator/2nd Unit Director Dan Bradley and Stunt Coordinator Scott Rogers provide a behind-the-scenes peek at the various “gags” in the film
* Featurette: Tangled Web: The Love Triangles of Spider-Man 3
* Featurette: Wall Of Water - where the viewer is taken into the creation of one of the biggest stunts in the film
* Featurette: On Location Cleveland – The Chase on Euclid Avenue
* Featurette: On Location New York –From Rooftops to Backstreets
* Featurette: The Science of Sound
* Featurette: Inside The Editing Room
* Theatrical TV Spots From Around the World

Details on Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2 are still TBC, but we fully expect them to offer similar audio options and carry over the extras from the DVD releases."

#26 of 119 OFFLINE   Chuck Mayer

Chuck Mayer

Lead Actor

• 8,046 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted August 03 2007 - 01:05 PM

Too bad. Not buying 3, so I'll wait until 1 and 2 are available separately. Since they are single disc and 3 is two disc, I am utterly certain they'll be double dipped, and I'll happily wait Posted Image
Hey buddy...did you just see a real bright light?

#27 of 119 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,559 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted August 03 2007 - 02:01 PM

wow, it really offensive to use the word abortion to describe a movie.
facebook.com/whotony

#28 of 119 OFFLINE   Adam Barratt

Adam Barratt

Screenwriter

• 2,344 posts

Posted August 03 2007 - 02:20 PM

It's only offensive if you choose to ascribe a single meaning to a word that has several. Adam

#29 of 119 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,559 posts

Posted August 03 2007 - 02:48 PM

ok whatever, how about insulting.
facebook.com/whotony

#30 of 119 OFFLINE   Adam Barratt

Adam Barratt

Screenwriter

• 2,344 posts

Posted August 03 2007 - 03:09 PM

I don't imagine most people are personally insulted by others' negative opinions of the films they happen to like. If they are, online forums like this are likely to be quite an eye-opener!

I agree with Chuck myself, and thought Spider-Man 3 was pretty awful (a prize stinker; an abortion even). But I liked the first two, so I guess Sony are forcing me to get number 3 as well, emo disco-dancing and all. Now that I find insulting!

Posted Image

Adam

#31 of 119 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,559 posts

Posted August 03 2007 - 06:39 PM

Well I didn't say I was insulted by a neg opinion . the use of a word abortion is insulting as a description of a bad movie. Why go that far. might as well say you raped by the movie too. its a bad movie isnt that enough?
facebook.com/whotony

#32 of 119 OFFLINE   Jari K

Jari K

Producer

• 3,273 posts

Posted August 03 2007 - 08:54 PM

For me this is a similar case to PotC; I never really cared about the 1st one (I mean just another "blockbuster", that´s all), the 2nd was was better and I haven´t seen the 3rd one (most people say that it was rather mediocre). I was a huge fan of Spidey when I was younger, but I have never been fan of the films. Too "light" for me, I guess. I guess it´s pretty hard to make that "3rd" film from the trilogy/series. Just look at Matrix, X-men..

#33 of 119 OFFLINE   Adam Barratt

Adam Barratt

Screenwriter

• 2,344 posts

Posted August 04 2007 - 12:44 AM

I wouldn't go quite that far myself. Ripped off and artistically insulted, sure; raped, no. I did feel quite violated by Pearl Harbor, on the other hand. Posted Image

Adam

#34 of 119 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,559 posts

Posted August 04 2007 - 12:56 AM

well, ok. my thoughts on abortion as a use for describing a movie, is what it is. violated i'll give you. i still havent been all the way through PH
facebook.com/whotony

#35 of 119 OFFLINE   MarekM

MarekM

Supporting Actor

• 858 posts

Posted August 04 2007 - 09:11 PM

info about SOUNDTRACKS Posted Image

http://forum.blu-ray....postcount=1720

#36 of 119 OFFLINE   Jari K

Jari K

Producer

• 3,273 posts

Posted August 04 2007 - 09:51 PM

Some tidbits from paidgeek (AVSforum). "The plan is to have a full featured version of SM1 and SM2 sometime in the future. There just was not time or resources to make a definitive version of all three titles right now." Sadly this could mean that Spider-Man 1-2 doesn´t have that many extras? Or does this mean that there are no "new HD extras"? Also from the European-releases, only UK will have the lossless English track for SM1 and SM2: "Europe will have Dolby THD for French, Italian, German, Spanish and - English (UK only)." Like I have said several times now, these freaking dub-tracks are ruining some of these European-releases (well, UK and US will give some options, though).

#37 of 119 OFFLINE   MarekM

MarekM

Supporting Actor

• 858 posts

Posted August 04 2007 - 10:53 PM

#38 of 119 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,559 posts

Posted August 05 2007 - 02:15 AM

not enough time?
facebook.com/whotony

#39 of 119 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 23,418 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted August 05 2007 - 02:55 AM

I would assume that means that there's not enough time to produce new extras by the time that Spider-Man 3 is released on home video (and the first two 'have' to be out at the same time as 3).

#40 of 119 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,559 posts

Posted August 05 2007 - 03:27 AM

i figured that, but since they have been using spider-man 2 and sometimes 1 in their previews and listings for upcoming br titles since the beginning, i would have thuoght they had been working on them sometime over the last year. (ugh that's an ugly sentence)
facebook.com/whotony

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users