What's new

Spider-Man -films (Blu-ray) on 10-30-07 (1 Viewer)

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

I have a feeling that those prices are MSRP before the typical discounts, etc. I know HighDefDigest says that's what they'll retail for, but HDD has been wrong so many times lately with their premature title announcements, etc., I will wait until I see the pre-order prices on Amazon before getting too worked up.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=65492

Pt.3=

"The Region A, 2-Disc Spider-Man 3 Blu-ray Disc release offers over six-hours of bonus features as detailed below…

Disc 1: Main Feature

* 1080P Widescreen
* English PCM 5.1 (Uncompressed) and Dolby True HD 5.1 Surround (Lossless)
* French, Portuguese, Spanish and Thai DD5.1 Surround
* English, English SDH, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Korean, Thai and Chinese (Traditional & Simplified) subtitles
* Bloopers
* Photo Galleries
* Snow Patrol Music Video
* Audio Commentary with Director Sam Raimi and Cast Members Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, James Franco, Thomas Haden Church, Topher Grace, and Bryce Dallas Howard
* Audio Commentary with Producers Laura Ziskin, Avi Arad and Grant Curtis, Editor Bob Murawski and Special Effects Supervisor Scott Stokdyk

Disc 2: Extra Features

* 1080P Widescreen
* English DD2.0 Stereo and DD5.1 Surround
* Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Thai and Korean subtitles
* Featurette: Grains of Sand - Building Sandman - details the challenges Sony Pictures Imageworks faced in creating the iconic villain
* Featurette: Re-Imagining the Goblin - plores the changes in the New Goblin character from page to screen
* Featurette: Covered in Black – Creating Venom - follows the cinematic creation of Spider-Man’s archrival
* Featurette: Hanging On…Gwen Stacy and the Collapsing Floor - where stunt coordinator Scott Rogers explores the logistics of the dangerous stunt performed by Bryce Dallas Howard
* Featurette: Fighting, Flying & Driving – The Stunts - wherein Stunt Coordinator/2nd Unit Director Dan Bradley and Stunt Coordinator Scott Rogers provide a behind-the-scenes peek at the various “gags” in the film
* Featurette: Tangled Web: The Love Triangles of Spider-Man 3
* Featurette: Wall Of Water - where the viewer is taken into the creation of one of the biggest stunts in the film
* Featurette: On Location Cleveland – The Chase on Euclid Avenue
* Featurette: On Location New York –From Rooftops to Backstreets
* Featurette: The Science of Sound
* Featurette: Inside The Editing Room
* Theatrical TV Spots From Around the World

Details on Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2 are still TBC, but we fully expect them to offer similar audio options and carry over the extras from the DVD releases."

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Too bad. Not buying 3, so I'll wait until 1 and 2 are available separately. Since they are single disc and 3 is two disc, I am utterly certain they'll be double dipped, and I'll happily wait ;)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

wow, it really offensive to use the word abortion to describe a movie.

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
It's only offensive if you choose to ascribe a single meaning to a word that has several.

Adam

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I don't imagine most people are personally insulted by others' negative opinions of the films they happen to like. If they are, online forums like this are likely to be quite an eye-opener!

I agree with Chuck myself, and thought Spider-Man 3 was pretty awful (a prize stinker; an abortion even). But I liked the first two, so I guess Sony are forcing me to get number 3 as well, emo disco-dancing and all. Now that I find insulting!

Adam

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Well I didn't say I was insulted by a neg opinion .
the use of a word abortion is insulting as a description of a bad movie.

Why go that far.
might as well say you raped by the movie too.
its a bad movie isnt that enough?

Jari K

Senior HTF Member

For me this is a similar case to PotC; I never really cared about the 1st one (I mean just another "blockbuster", that´s all), the 2nd was was better and I haven´t seen the 3rd one (most people say that it was rather mediocre).

I was a huge fan of Spidey when I was younger, but I have never been fan of the films. Too "light" for me, I guess.

I guess it´s pretty hard to make that "3rd" film from the trilogy/series. Just look at Matrix, X-men..

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam

I wouldn't go quite that far myself. Ripped off and artistically insulted, sure; raped, no. I did feel quite violated by Pearl Harbor, on the other hand. :)

Adam

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
well, ok. my thoughts on abortion as a use for describing a movie, is what it is.

violated i'll give you.
i still havent been all the way through PH

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
Some tidbits from paidgeek (AVSforum).
"The plan is to have a full featured version of SM1 and SM2 sometime in the future. There just was not time or resources to make a definitive version of all three titles right now."

Sadly this could mean that Spider-Man 1-2 doesn´t have that many extras? Or does this mean that there are no "new HD extras"?

Also from the European-releases, only UK will have the lossless English track for SM1 and SM2: "Europe will have Dolby THD for French, Italian, German, Spanish and - English (UK only)." Like I have said several times now, these freaking dub-tracks are ruining some of these European-releases (well, UK and US will give some options, though).

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i figured that, but since they have been using spider-man 2 and sometimes 1 in their previews and listings for upcoming br titles since the beginning, i would have thuoght they had been working on them sometime over the last year.
(ugh that's an ugly sentence)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks