What's new

Whats a good Receiver to go with my Paradigm Monito Titan... (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Wes
5.1 set up

Ive always wanted Denon ... but the fellow selling me the stuff is pushing me towards yamaha...I want something good for around the 1K range

He says Denon is not what it used to be .... He says he can install the Denon with my set up, but he wouldnt reccomend it

please help

MaxL

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Max Levine
i know this is on the wrong page and you're probably not going with those titans anymore but...

that sounds a bit fishy to me. unless there is some very new news that hasn't made it to these pages, denon is still one of the top avr makers out there (obviously there is the more expensive, exclusive high-end stuff).

the yammy may ba a tad warmer sounding than the denon. maybe? so if the dealer knew you didn't like bright that might explain it but seems unlikely. marantz is warmer generally than denon, but again, speakers will have a much larger influence on the sound character than the avr.

tgraham

Grip
Real Name
Terry Graham
I actually have an entire Paradigm setup and run the entire thing using a Harmon/Kardon AVR110. It's a little older but it powers my large speakers with very little effort. The circuitry in a Harmon/Kardon is well suited for the higher end sound systems. Hope that helps.

Blaine_M

Second Unit
Denon would be fine, personally I would go with a Marantz though, what's your budget?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks