Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

Component Video Switcher

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   JeffreyJohnston

• 23 posts

Posted April 03 2007 - 01:32 PM

Hey guys. I'm looking for a component video switcher. I currently have the Zektor 4.1 (or whatever it is with the 4in 1out). I went to their site the other day, and they don't seem to have anything other than that model and HDMI switchers. I'm looking for a switcher that has more than 4-in. I'm out of room, and I don't really want to "y" the connections into the switcher because I don't know if that will degrade the signal any. I currently have my X360, DVD, PS2, and XBOX hooked to the switcher. The XBOX is currently serving as a temporary media box, but it also has tons of games that I can't find anymore so it will be staying in the setup. I will soon be getting HD cable from my provider and I need the extra input. My main questions are: Will putting "y" cables on the inputs of HD signals degrade the signal any? And if so, what is a damn good HD switcher like the Zektor? Thanks.
TAVCON Enterprises Inc.
Metairie, Louisiana 70003
^-Home Theater, Audio/Video, Church Audio, Commercial Audio, Telephone Systems, Alarm Systems, Network Wiring -- Installation, Repairs, Pre-Wiring, Computer Repairs

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Chris Dias

Chris Dias

Stunt Coordinator

• 180 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted April 10 2007 - 11:45 AM

Check out www.video-storm.com I've got one of their CSW62 and am really happy with it. It had everything I was looking for, 6 inputs, IR control and no degradation of HD signals.

I highly recomend it.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Karim Nogas

Karim Nogas

Stunt Coordinator

• 139 posts

Posted April 19 2007 - 11:11 AM

I'm in the market for a 3x1 component video switcher (although I'm not opposed to more inputs/outputs). I was thinking of going with Audio Authority's newest model - 4x1 HDTV Autoselect Switcher with IR Remote - Model 1154B. Does anyone know anything about this model or the quality of Audio Authority's products? Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users