What's new

Betty Hutton has passed away! (1 Viewer)

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
RIP Betty. A lady that I have a lot of respect for due to her ability to perservere through a lot of struggles.

TCM scooped everyone on this, presumably due to her close personal relationship with Robert Osborne. The interview the two of them did several years back is one of the most fascinating and endearing I've ever seen on TCM. It's well worth a viewing if one hasn't seen it.

She had colon cancer which may explain why she didn't attend a public showing in L.A. of one of her films awhile back.

Steve

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
This is really sad. She certainly had some interesting twists and turns in her life.

Rest in peace.

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
I tried to come up with a list a few days ago of the still living major movie stars from Hollywood's golden era of the late 30's and early 40's and she was one of a handful I thought of. Olivia de Havilland and her sister Joan Fontaine are two others. I hope the program guides get updated so I can schedule a few of her films with a DVR. Rest in peace Betty, you will be missed.

Chris

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
I only just discovered her when "Annie Get Your Gun" was released to DVD in 2000. I thought she did an absolutely terrific job in that movie portraying Annie Oakley; and I was shocked when I discovered that this performance had been kept from Home Video (or any other form of distribution) from 1973-2000 due to legal entanglements.

I will miss her ... and I feel the need to revisit her marvelously bubbly and energetic performance in "Annie Get Your Gun" today.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks