What's new

BANNED FROM AVS FOR TALKING ABOUT SVS (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgilly

Auditioning
Real Name
brad
I was just banned for 3 days for stating my opinion about my SVS product and the other SVS products I have or had in the past.

I have also had numerous posts deleted and threads taken down just because they told me I was not allowed to talk about SVS.

The main thread that was deleted that really got on my nerves was a VERY popular thread about my change from a PB-12NSD to a 16-46+. In the thread I talked about my trip to SVS, the 60-90mins of listening I did at their shop when I compared the 20-39+ to the 16-46+ side by side, then reasons for my choice of the 16-46+ and finally my thoughts about the performance when I got the sub home.

It was a helpful thread with many posts and many interested readers, yet the MOD took it down and said it was not proper and I am not an "official" reviewer so I had no right to post my thoughts and opinions on these products....YES HE ACTUALLY SAID THIS TO ME!!!

They fear that I am marketing for SVS, yet the point of my threads was to tell people about the product I own, the performance I am experiencing and my overall thoughts and opinions on my subwoofer. Am I a professional NO, but I am no dummy when it comes to audio...

Do I like my SVS product YES........does SVS pay me or give me anything for telling people about my opinion NO.

It just stinks that the AVS MODS are ANIT-SVS ....that is now clear to me because I see countless other threads about other companies that remain up with even more biased statements that what I had posted.

I hope that AVS members who are also members here read this and realize what is going on. Since the Audioholics incident AVS has cracked down on posts about SVS and most of the SVS threads. Maybe we should take our "business" elsewhere...namely right here. It seems here we are free to talk and discuss and share thoughts and opinions no matter what level of experience we have!! Let's change over to HOME THEATER FORUM!!!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member

I too have posted many helpful threads...and some people have thoughts about trying to stop me from posting helpful posts that try to protect innocent newbies from Minimalists and Purists like John Brill...I have every intention of remaining on the Home Theater Forum...Minimalists and Purists have every right to post their thoughts, and so do I...I support SVS...I am a repeat customer of SVS...first I owned a 25-31CS...then I bought the Marchand Black Box...now I own a SVS 20-39PCi...and I provided some information to Tom Vodhanel when he was compiling a list of the performance of numerous subwoofers...the thread is in the Hardware Archives...
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Never really been a fan of AVS anyway, and this sort of thing is one reason why. They have the right to run their board as they like, just as I have the ability to not spend my time there.

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
You'll encounter the same problems discussing SVS or Axiom over at Audioholics.. Do a google search to find some very interesting threads discussing this topic. Wouldn't be surprised if this thread is closed as well. Let's just say that some manufacturers use very strong marketing tactics. You may want to question the legitimacy of posts raving about certain manufacturers in sponsored forums.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
I haven't posted at AVS forums, in 2-3 yrs., and may never again. I don't like the place. Everybody there, including the mods, have attitudes that I don't like. They're either hateful or holier than thou! I don't even go look around there anymore.

I was banned for 1 day, at Audioholics, for mentioning HSU and RBH in a post that was started about Klipsch subs. I asked, in the post, "wonder what HSU and RBH think about this rule of not being able to recommend their product, on a site they pay to advertise on?" The post was immediately deleted, and I was banned for 1 day. AVS and Audioholics are becoming laughing stocks of the forum world.............. Doesn't hurt me any, so they can do what they want! :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I don't know anything about AVS, but I've been around the HTF enough to know they don't like threads trashing other board's policies.

bgilly

Auditioning
Real Name
brad
Not trying to trash....trying to inform.

I'm a member of this forum and I'll try to bring over some other very smart people from AVS to help us here with intelligent talks and debates about subwoofers and everything else!

My goal .....BEST SOUND POSSIBLE.

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
I would agree with the attitudes as well. I rarely post there anymore. No forum is perfect. There are some aspects about this one I wish were slightly different but it is the most civil and accepting of forums I have posted at.

Brent_S

Second Unit
Chu, he said the thread was deleted...not just locked.

Not trying to pile on AVS, but I was following that thread and have to agree with Brad that it hardly seemed worthy of second look from the admins. It would be no different than me telling a story of how I went to my local XYZ dealer and a MFG rep from BigSubs-R-Us was there and spent hours showing me all the latest toys. Unless something was put in Brad's thread after I last read it, AVS would seem to be hypersensitive to anything SVS in the wake of the AH dust up.

I mostly only visit AVS for their DIY forum given how quiet it's gotten in HTF's DIY area.

-Brent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks