Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Barnes & Noble - TV BOX SETS SALE - BUY ONE, GET THE SECOND FREE

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 Jeff Meyers

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor

• 605 posts

Posted January 25 2007 - 01:21 AM

TV Box Sets Sale
Buy One, Get the Second FREE!
Start the year off with a bang for your bucks: Buy one TV box set, get the second FREE! Choose any two of the hundreds of great collections marked with the special Free DVD Offer icon, and the cost of the less expensive title will be deducted at checkout.

TERMS & CONDITIONS
TV BOX SETSPosted Image
BUY ONE, GET THE SECOND FREE

Choose two (2) qualifying DVD Box Sets and the least expensive title is yours FREE!
Simply look for the following icon on select DVD Box Sets online at Barnes & Noble.com:

Posted Image
When you purchase two (2) or more titles with the FREE DVD BOX SET OFFER icon, you get the least expensive DVD Box Set for free. Your credit for the least expensive title will appear at checkout. Except for discounts available through the Barnes & Noble Member program and other percentage discounts generally available on products sold on Barnes & Noble.com, this offer may not be combined with any other coupon or any cash discount promotion. This offer is available while supplies last; is not redeemable for cash, cash equivalents or Gift Cards; and is not valid on past purchases or purchases made from third parties accessible from the www.bn.com website.
Purchases of DVD Box Sets as part of the FREE DVD BOX SET OFFER are non-refundable (defective DVD Box Sets may be returned for a credit; please contact customer service prior to returning any such DVD Box Sets). This offer is valid for one order per individual. This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor orders with valid methods of payment placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Barnes & Noble.com is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors. This offer is not the same as a similar promotion available in Barnes & Noble stores. See stores for details of that separate promotion.

Link:
http://video.barnesa....?r=1&pid=14189

#2 of 10 Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,380 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted January 25 2007 - 09:04 AM

I've been told that in stores, this offer is valid on *all* TV-on-DVD sets. (Online, it's just the ones with the special logo.)
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#3 of 10 if200

if200

Agent

• 47 posts

Posted January 26 2007 - 11:11 PM

If you go to a Barnes and Nobles that carries DVDs, you can order any TV DVD using the promotion and they will ship it to your home for free. In addition you can use the 15% off in store purchase coupon that you can find a link to on dvdpricesearch.com

#4 of 10 Marty M

Marty M

Screenwriter

• 2,907 posts

Posted January 27 2007 - 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman
I've been told that in stores, this offer is valid on *all* TV-on-DVD sets. (Online, it's just the ones with the special logo.)
Yes, that is true. I picked up Seasons 1 and 2 of The Wire for $54.00, total. They even had a 10% discount on the set. Neither of these are listed as available on-line.
Lawn Ranger Motto: You're only young once, but you can be always be immature.

#5 of 10 EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,453 posts

Posted January 27 2007 - 01:36 PM

The email that I received from B&N stated that to qualify the set had to contain two or more discs and retail for $29.99 or more; that may be why they have the special logo online. I stopped at my local store tonight and out of the five sets I am looking--of which they only had two--for it would still be cheaper to go through Amazon.

#6 of 10 Wayne_Marshall

Wayne_Marshall

Auditioning

• 12 posts

Posted January 27 2007 - 02:59 PM

oops

#7 of 10 Wayne_Marshall

Wayne_Marshall

Auditioning

• 12 posts

Posted January 27 2007 - 03:02 PM

I've had great luck with this promotion!
I got the first two seasons of Alfred Hitchcock Presents.
They were $39.99 each and then my club membership took 10% off each one before subtracting one as the free item.
Total for both was 34.01 with tax.
I also got:
Animaniacs Volume 1 & 2 for about $37
Muppet Show S1 and Sesame Street: Old School for 34.01
Pee Wee's Playhouse Volume 1 and 2 for 34.01
The Complete Office (UK) and Complete Fawlty Towers for about $47
and last the Complete Black Adder for 85.10...I got a copy for me and one for my brother. Essentially a $99 DVD set for $50.
So I've spent $200+ on DVDs but I have about 90 hours of new DVD material to watch.

Oh!
Be careful with the 15% off coupon. It's for one item and the sale automatically removes the least expensive DVD so it is a waste to use it for this sale.
I found out the hard way.
Posted Image

#8 of 10 Nataly72

Nataly72

Extra

• 15 posts

Posted January 28 2007 - 03:19 AM

tnx

#9 of 10 Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,380 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted January 29 2007 - 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricSchulz
The email that I received from B&N stated that to qualify the set had to contain two or more discs and retail for $29.99 or more; that may be why they have the special logo online.

There are A LOT of sets that don't appear to be eligible on the B&N website. For example, no season other than season 1 of Curb Your Enthusiasm is eligible.

I think it may have more to do with titles that are already discounted online but sold in the stores at list price.
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#10 of 10 Marty M

Marty M

Screenwriter

• 2,907 posts

Posted January 29 2007 - 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman
There are A LOT of sets that don't appear to be eligible on the B&N website. For example, no season other than season 1 of Curb Your Enthusiasm is eligible.

I think it may have more to do with titles that are already discounted online but sold in the stores at list price.
I think you are right about this, although I still got a great deal on Season 1 and 2 of The Wire. The price on-line is 20% off list price, but I was able to get a 10% off list price, plus the second season for free at the store.

B & N store price for these two sets was the same as my local Best Buy. So, there are bargains to be had on this sale.
Lawn Ranger Motto: You're only young once, but you can be always be immature.

Forum Nav Content I Follow